MP1 ($4.05)
      MP2 ($6.75)
      MP3 ($24.65)
      CO ($20.85)
      Button ($30.70)
      SB ($21.90)
      Hero ($5.25)
      UTG ($7.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2:club: , T:diamond: .
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, [color:#666666]5 folds[/color], SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) T:spade: , T:heart: , K:club: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $1[/color], [color:#CC3333]UTG raises to $2[/color], UTG+1 calls $2, SB folds, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $5[/color], UTG calls $3, UTG+1 calls $3.

Turn: ($16) Q:heart: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]UTG bets $2 (All-In)[/color], UTG+1 calls $2.

River: ($20) J:spade: [color:#0000FF](3 players, 1 all-in)[/color]

Final Pot: $20

Any chance I should have folded here?

Thanks,
      Kknight
  • 7 replies
    • MisterB73
      MisterB73
      Bronze
      According to the SSS, it seems to me that you have a made hand on the flop after a freeride from the BB. I would have played exactly the same.
      Nobody bet before us, so we bet first (although I would have bet ~2/3 of the pot). Then when somebody raises behind us, I would go all-in (since we have a made hand).
      Too bad for the straight that probably fell on the river, but that happens occasionally. Most of the times we'll win this hand.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Nice hand Kknight. :)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hi MisterB,

Actually, the straight didn't win the hand...although the nitwit that limped UTG had AA and therefore did have the straight. UTG+1 won the hand with QT. I'm wishing that UTG had raised his AA so that I wouldn't have even been involved in the hand. After the hand, I told UTG+1 "nh"...UTG then said we were both idiots if we though QT was a nice hand. :rolleyes: I probably shouldn't have responded, but I told him that WE weren't the ones limping in with AA...he didn't say anything else after that. ;)

In regard to the flop bet, I almost always bet pot (or sometimes even 5/4 pot) instead of 2/3 when I hit in the BB in an unraised pot because there are usually multiple opponents (often 4-5,) and it makes an all-in on the turn easier even if I only get 1 or 2 calls. Additionally, I want to increase my fold equity since I am out of position and don't have control of the hand.

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I hope you made a note on the UTG-Player. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      I hope you made a note on the UTG-Player. ;)
      Shoot, now that you say that, I don't think I did. :( I usually do make notes on players though. My most common notes are what I've seen them limp-raise with, whether they've re-raised a raise that they think is a "steal" attempt (it usually isn't a steal attempt, just a normal LP raise in which I happen to be first in,) and whether they've called my PFR and c-bets with complete junk. I can't believe I didn't think to make a note on this guy. :( I've seen him several times before, so I'll have to remember to add the note next time I see him. I'm guessing he was hoping to limp-raise that AA...he was probably disappointed that he didn't get any action.

In response to your "Nice hand" post Berliner, is playing trips this way OK even without any kind of kicker?

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Lets say I would have played that hand the same way and would have been gone broke. ;) You have trips, what is a good hand here in that spot. It´s unlikely that the other Ten is be in the game, so your kicker often does not matter.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Fair enough...thanks Berliner.

Kknight