Auto-rebuy

• Svizac28
      Svizac28
      Bronze
      Just a simple question. I've been told (without explanation) on this and some other poker forums that in cash game, I should allways rebuy to maximum stack after each hand (or have the software do it automatically)

I'm not against rebuying, I'd just like someone to explain why is it good and necessary?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      To extract maximum value from the big stacks when u play against them!prefered to select the table u play with as many bigstacks as u can
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      You'll know why when you flop the nuts and only have a 65 big blind stack and 3 people are itching to give you their stacks. Full stack - 65 big blinds = 35bb lost * the amount of people in the pot = missed opportunity.

Another good reason is that you have less fold equity with a smaller stack. Bluffing becomes harder as the opponent will be more willing to play the hand knowing if he calls the turn, you don't even have a pot sized bet left for the river. If you were to want to bluff a missed flush draw, it's going to be pretty tough.