Even AA is not good enough

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Please somebody may explained to this donk (me) what is all this absurd

AA, classic shove

Variance? ... This is week three (previous episode HERE). :s_evil: What I should have as a starting hand? X(
      I cannot play as I feel that opponents will always overtaking me even with the tash of the worst trash.
      The problem is that it never happen in my favour :s_mad:
      Any advice? Do I need give up? ?(
      Thx :heart:
  • 21 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      OMG lost with AA... there's no more point in playing poker.
    • LavaTwilight
      LavaTwilight
      Bronze
      that hand is completely standard in every regard...
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LavaTwilight
      that hand is completely standard in every regard...
      [x] quoted for truth
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      so one hand counts for one day?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      only way how to deal with this kind of things is to sit down in the corner of some very cold room and cry and cry and cry and cry..
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      classic rookie mistake in playing aces. you need real hands to move in like T5offsuit it can hit two flushes and every straight from A2345 to TJQKA. there's no way you can miss with this hand.
      with aces every non-ace card is not a good one.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I have post some hand as an example to describe a long period of negative variance that it is always there for every player. I have also consider the fact that in a mathematics point of view in a long period it will balance with many hands where I will overtaking even if I will start from behind. So, because I have just start playing few months ago, I starting face a negative moment a bit longer then usual for the first time. I must say that on Saturday night I won the WSOP Qualifier on Party Poker (large field of players that are not scare of nobody and raise everything even tomatoes and broccoli :D ) , so, I have really been a bit exaggerated with it as I have thought that in this section of the forum I was able to take out the frustration of the moment and give freedom to my frustrations. My point is that I have notice tonight that (I do not know if it depend from the tiredness of the entire night up to play the tourney on PP) I am starting been affect from the paranoia of been overtaking and that has influenced in negative my decision at the table. In two words, I see it as a little bell that warn me of some lose of lucidity on take the right decision; and it is for this reason that I have post this threat (and the one before) to check with some more experienced player if there is some thing that I must be aware or simple, to ask some advice on how I may avoid to full in a state of mental block that can for real damage what I have build with a lot of work so far, thanks to this school mainly. I am not sure if I have expressed my self in an acceptable manner or if it is the case to go to sleep (deep night now for me living in UK) and come back again tomorrow morning with a fresh brain; but if somebody manage to understand what I try to say and he would like give me some advice/instructions on how to go through this unwanted moment without break down and go broke, it will be great. Thank you guys for your attention and wish you all the best (...and do not raise AA. :D ).
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      I have post some hand as an example to describe a long period of negative variance that it is always there for every player.
      I have also consider the fact that in a mathematics point of view in a long period it will balance with many hands where I will overtaking even if I will start from behind.

So, because I have just start playing few months ago, I starting face a negative moment a bit longer then usual for the first time.
      I must say that on Saturday night I won the WSOP Qualifier on Party Poker (large field of players that are not scare of nobody and raise everything even tomatoes and broccoli :D ) , so, I have really been a bit exaggerated with it as I have thought that in this section of the forum I was able to take out the frustration of the moment and give freedom to my frustrations.

My point is that I have notice tonight that (I do not know if it depend from the tiredness of the entire night up to play the tourney on PP) I am starting been affect from the paranoia of been overtaking and that has influenced in negative my decision at the table.
      In two words, I see it as a little bell that warn me of some lose of lucidity on take the right decision; and it is for this reason that I have post this threat (and the one before) to check with some more experienced player if there is some thing that I must be aware or simple, to ask some advice on how I may avoid to full in a state of mental block that can for real damage what I have build with a lot of work so far, thanks to this school mainly.

I am not sure if I have expressed my self in an acceptable manner or if it is the case to go to sleep (deep night now for me living in UK) and come back again tomorrow morning with a fresh brain; but if somebody manage to understand what I try to say and he would like give me some advice/instructions on how to go through this unwanted moment without break down and go broke, it will be great.

Thank you guys for your attention and wish you all the best (...and do not raise AA. :D ).
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      only way how to deal with this kind of things is to sit down in the corner of some very cold room and cry and cry and cry and cry..
      +1
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      tl;dr

all i saw is the AA getting cracked by 99 which he should never be folding in that spot with the blinds that high....you got unlucky, if this pisses you off you need to play more hands and learn to accept suckouts gracefully.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Yeah better concentrate to long term profit couse some days it's you are going to loose with aces three times in a row. No need to worry if you did the best better think about your worst hands. Simply you can't win more than 85% hands with aces!
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Thats poker. Yesterday my i had 3 times AA pocket rockets.

One time i did not get any action, second time my AA were cracked by JJ, third time i won. But. My KK cracked AA twice in same session.

Thousands and thousands and thousands of hands must be played to show some estimation results. Stick to 5bb/100 winning estimate, not more.
    • ilikepie
      ilikepie
      Silver
      I know what you mean, it's just %% bad luck, nothing else ;) If you count with it you don't get upset (much :p).

Watch what happened to me yesterday :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $14,45
      Hero:
      $4,75

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,35) 9:diamond: , 3:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,50, MP2 calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) 2:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,75, Hero raises to $2,25 (All-In), MP2 calls $1,50.

River: ($9,85) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,85
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You lost with pair of aces versus three of a kind, i see no problem why would you feel that it's somehow incorrect. I mean, pair of aces is strong hand but three of a kind is stronger and so it wins. You shouldn't be stacking off with weaker hands than your opponent has because IMO it's a losing play in the long run.
    • MaliSunSeT
      MaliSunSeT
      Bronze
      Newt time fold AA and push with 72o
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      classic rookie mistake in playing aces. you need real hands to move in like T5offsuit it can hit two flushes and every straight from A2345 to TJQKA. there's no way you can miss with this hand.
      with aces every non-ace card is not a good one.
      Haha T5o is my favourite hand from now on.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      Please somebody may explained to this donk (me) what is all this absurd

AA, classic shove

Variance? ... This is week three (previous episode HERE). :s_evil: What I should have as a starting hand? X(
      I cannot play as I feel that opponents will always overtaking me even with the tash of the worst trash.
      The problem is that it never happen in my favour :s_mad:
      Any advice? Do I need give up? ?(
      Thx :heart:
      I think you may have gathered from the above posts that if you want sympathy......call your Mum :f_biggrin:
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      in the weekend play session 6 times i have gotten the AA and 5 times i got kicked uot of the tourney cause of 888 or straigth etc... scared to play AA now ;)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Thank you to every1 for your attention. Sometime, even if a fact or an event seem ridiculous to the eyes of most people because so trivial, may have disastrous effect on us with devastating consequence to our life. Obviously, this is no the case on here and on a forum under the section Downswing Reports I believe people are allowed to express their own frustrations and so. I cannot understand some people that keep making comments as which stupid thing is to complain about something that should not (because so stupid and obviously) even be posted. I have learn in my life that usually this category of people are the one that wear at privacy of their own home the pink underpants or have the nail varnish hided by the socks; I personally, I do not feel that I need go to cry to my mum first because she living in Italy (bless her) and second because there are forums online where people met, chat and encourage each other with the purpose to pass over a negative event or moment even if it is silly or trivial to everybody else. I am glade to see that this school is populate by one donk (me) most decent player that improve daily and weeks after weeks and some "super-genius) of the poker that come here only to spend few moment to laugh at some donk like me. Today, thanks God and to the majority of you guys I feel a much better about all as I fell rested and fresh but I don fell at all stupid as I do not see why I should be shame for post a downswing report about my feel on a "Downswing Report" section of the forum.
      Thanks to you all guys once again, I wish you a good start of week and infinite success at the table. Goodbye! :heart:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Well guys,I have my own opinion about AA.I made a analyze in one week how many AA I get.It was 9 times,playing aprroximately 2/30 hour per day.And I won only 2 times.The biggest tragedy that I ever had happened with this hand.I had AA and I raised before the flop and this guy re raised me and i move all-in.He called and the flop comes A J 6 difrent suits and i looked at his had and I was so happy to see A J.I thought that is mine but then I saw on the river J and in that moment I had this bad feeling that I will not win this hand and it was right,another J came up and I lost.I hit my pc a few times,spint on it but it didnt help so I now understand that sometimes poker isnt math.The biggest difrence between a classy player and a good player is that a classy player is mentaly stronger.You must forget what happened and play hand by hand like it was the first one.I m playing now poker for about more then 3 years(soon it will be 4) and I improved a lot but I think that 60%is knowledge and 40%luck.I read most of the bookes( about 1GB I can upload if somebody wants) about poker but believe me there is no help if luck turns you the back.