$2,00
      MP1:
      $4,78
      Hero:
      $2,35
      CO:
      $9,31

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:spade: , 7:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,10, 2 folds, BB calls $0,08, UTG2 calls $0,08, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,43) K:spade: , J:heart: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,22, CO raises to $9,21 (All-In), BB raises to $1,10 (All-In), UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $2,25 (All-In).

Turn: ($12,99) A:spade:
      River: ($12,99) Q:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12,99

Well this was very close,first iwas going to fold it preflop and i would have folded on the flop if he wouldn't shoved...
      So i have a tagish/nitty opponet plays very good hands,very aggresive i have a note... he shoves KK,AA and a fish,i wantted to bet here to see were i am but thinking back maybe was not such a good ideea...i pretty much knew what the nit had and i was in a spot that i didn't want to get...going all in with a draw :f_confused:
      How to play this hand....assuming you called preflop?
      Also the only thing that urged me to call preflop was the fact that there were a lot of money going in there in front of me,is it good to call in this spot with marginal hands when there are some money in the pot=> in better odds
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with the preflop call, that's the kind of situation you want to be in when you play suited connectors really.

I'd just check to the preflop raiser on the flop tho, he'll probably bet and that will force BB and UTG2 to act before you do, then you have all the information you need to make a decision, without having to donk out to get it. Don't be afraid to just give it up if CO bets, his c-bet should be strong overall on that board and you likely don't have fold equity on a check/shove, so if you don't get good odds to draw just pitch it.

As played when CO shoves and BB calls, you still don't get good enough odds to call with the 8-high flushdraw. Just release your hand.

Hope it helps.