This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK all in on river

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.15
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.78
      CO:
      $7.88

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.3) 2, 7, 8 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.7) 2 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.20, CO calls $2.20, MP2 folds.

River: ($8.1) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.48, Hero calls $4.48.

Final Pot: $17.06.

hi there i think that i should have folded on the river because there were completed flush draws and the 2 would have made trips and i have already betted strongly and got called.

please advice and comment.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise to $0.5 preflop over the limper.

As played I'd make it $1 on that flop it's drawy.

As played the turn is rather uncool against two players, any of whom could have the flush. The 2 doesn't really scare me, i don't think they show up with 2x too often. I'd bet/fold it without the redraw, but with the redraw i don't really want to get blown off my hand, so i'd probably check and reevaluate after CO acts.

As played on the river you're probably better off folding, nobody is valuebetting a worse pair in that spot at nl10 and i doubt he gets to that point with a lot of busted stuff, so we're really bluff-catching against a range of flushes / maybe a few random bluffs. It's a pass for me.