[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Qq

• shanshichi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:club: , Q:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.04.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, CO calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.62) 6:heart: , 5:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.48, CO raises to $1.20, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.09, CO calls $0.89.

Turn: ($4.80) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $3.15 (All-In), CO calls $2.71 (All-In).

River: ($10.66) 3:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and sixes (Qc Qs)
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jc Jd)

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and sixes (Qc Qs)

i was thinking of a poket pair on the flop , it was a hard decision because i wasn't playing with stats :s_biggrin: (HUD OFF)

how could i realise on this board , if the villain has me beat? :s_confused:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

You can't :p You'd need some reads on the way he plays. Is he tight or not, does he ever make information raises with middling overpairs, can he play draws aggressively or not. These aren't things you can generalize to every poker player out there, you need to make educated guesses depending on what you've seen from him so far.

In case he's completely unknown, you need to resort to making assumptions based on what you see most players do at these stakes. They can certainly play a lower overpair like that, and some of them will play their draws aggressively. Which means in average your QQ is good in that spot and you should try to felt it, which you did. NH.

Hope it helps.