[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Villian 25/17.

I had a hard time deciding whether to bet here on the river or not. I figured my river bet might look like some kind of draw and so Tx and maybe even like 78s and some smaller pairs might call. But on the other hand there is the chance he has slowplayed a set or that he will always fold all his draws. So is it too thin to bet?

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($13.28)
      Hero ($10.65)
      CO ($10.10)
      BTN ($10.35)
      SB ($8.60)
      BB ($17.34)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:spade: J:heart:
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: 6:club: 10:heart: 5:heart: ($0.95, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.65, UTG raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.95

Turn: 5:club: ($4.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2

River: 7:spade: ($8.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.65, UTG calls $6.65
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it depends what you put him on when he limp/calls preflop and on the flop when he makes that check/2.5x raise.

Long story short if he's a fish i'm betting the river, if he's a reg i'm not. Reasoning is mostly i don't think a reg shows up with Tx after taking that line ever, so most likely scenario would be he raised with a set planning on betting the turn before he knew it'd pair the board, and when he saw he couldn't be outdrawn anymore he decided to check it to you. A fish on the other hand might very well play Tx that way, tho they could be just as tricky with a boat on the turn.

By the way in a vacuum i'd bet bigger on the turn, you get more value if you're ahead and it makes it easier for you on the river to either shove the money in assess their range when they donk out, since by betting just half pot you'll always have doubts on how light they actually peeled that street.

Hope it helps.