This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Rush KK v rediculous draw

• robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Not much to say about this really. I bet for value all the way down and just could not put him on what he had, and even if that was in his range I felt I had to call given the pot size.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $28.13
      MP3 (Hero):
      $33.87
      CO:
      $37.29
      BU:
      $14.20
      SB:
      $40.88
      BB:
      $12.47
      UTG1:
      $19.75
      UTG2:
      $78.58
      MP1:
      $25.60

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) T, 3, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, CO calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.85) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, CO calls $2.25.

River: ($9.35) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.88, Hero calls $5.88.

Final Pot: $21.11.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).
      CO shows a straight, queen high(Q J).

CO wins with a straight, queen high(Q J).
  • 4 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I would b/f the river. Not too many draws have hit, but quite a few have picked up a pair. He will also call you with weaker pairs often. By check/calling you isolate yourself against a stronger range because he will check weaker pairs behind (cf. negative freeroll).

Also, I would bet a bit bigger on flop and turn (for value, not protection obviously).
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Bet more on flop and turn.

On river Bet/fold seems to be good option. like already stated logigal draws like 9J or 97 made a pair and may be willing to call your bet , but rarely bet themselves.

Although if you know that your opponent is aggressive on river (bluffing with busted draws), you could c/call.

And dont post results.
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Thanks guys,

Didn't appreciate about not posting results, will not do from now!

In hindsight I should have bet bigger on flop and turn. With the river, I see what you say about b/f but surely the pot is so big I can't fold to his AI?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by robpettitt
      Thanks guys,

Didn't appreciate about not posting results, will not do from now!

In hindsight I should have bet bigger on flop and turn. With the river, I see what you say about b/f but surely the pot is so big I can't fold to his AI?
      well, if you bet more on the flop and turn, then pot is a littlebit bigger, but you can still b/f river to half bet size, since likely he isn´t bluffing there and your overpair isn´t good.
      But going for showdown is also ok. Not too often people would call you down with one pair hand if you raise pf, and bet flop, turn and river