Argh, pokerstars I hate you.

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hey. Since I cleared my bonus I've been playing BSS at NL2, but it didn't really work out well. I won some money, but i wouldn't earn more than $5 in a day, it was really slow. So I started playing SSS at NL10, and every day I lost more money! Not because I was a poor player, bad beats I suppose. I'm playing sit n' goes now, but I lost most of my money in SSS, I thought things would get better after a while, but they didn't.
      So what should I do now? I don't wanna lose my starting capital, and I really haven't found any profitable playing, except for BSS, but it could take me a year to get to the next level.
  • 9 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      well it's still better to play BSS @NL2 than to loose money and if you are wining player I suppose you could use aggressive BRM for NL5. It all depends on you.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey vmarqui,

If you are earning $5 at 2NL per day that is really good. You would only need to play for a month to be on 5NL. If you increase your volume or add more tables you will get there sooner (as long as you are already beating it already. don't add more or play more if you are not winning in the long run already).

Toby
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      winning 2.5 buy-ins/250bb per day is a bad thing? Thats news to me! What are you expecting to win on NL2? Its the lowest limit for a resson...ie you'll earn less there. Why change strategy when you obvs win with BSS? You just need to learn "pattience". Without that your fckd as a poker player...Thats just how it is.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I said that's the highest I win... I don't earn $5 every day. But yeah, thanks for the help, I'll keep playing BSS, I think I'l move to Full Tilt soon, though.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vmarqui
      I said that's the highest I win... I don't earn $5 every day.
      All i can say to this is...Your to results orientated. and $5 can be good or bad if ytou play like 200 hands per day thants ok...but if you play 3k per day then your game is weak.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      But yeah, thanks for the help, I'll keep playing BSS, I think I'l move to Full Tilt soon, though.
      Smart move...Rakeback should help you abit ;)
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Yeah, not so much because of rakeback (although I know it's gonna be good for my bankroll), but I'm tired of losing lots of hands where my EV is positive. Maybe it has nothing to do with PS, maybe I'm just getting unlucky, I dunno, I prefer FT anyway.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      But yeah, thanks for the help, I'll keep playing BSS, I think I'l move to Full Tilt soon, though.
      Smart move...Rakeback should help you abit ;)
      At NL2 - NL10 rakeback isn't going to help at all, as ftp rake 1cent per 15cents in the pot at these stakes. Past NL25 it's fine as they rake 1 cent for 20 cents in the pot, but I'd much rather play at pokerstars where pots under $1 aren't raked, and if they are; raked for a lot less.

Even with rakeback you're losing money.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi vmarqui,

As a beginner(?), you should try to stick to one type of game for now. At the moment you should focus on learning, rather than just thinking about the profit.

Make sure you read, and reread all the available articles in your chosen game type. It is essential to post hands where you lose a lot, or hands that you are unsure of, so that you can learn from your mistakes. There are many video's available, and coaching can be a great help, as you can ask questions while watching.

Training yourself to be the best you can be, is the only way to win in the long run.

Regards,
      Sarah