Call 20 against multiple raises

• nzyeti52
      Hey guys,

I just wanted to clear something up. I was in MP1 and was holding 4 :diamond: , 4 :spade: . Following the starting hands chart it said to call/limp in when no one has acted before you. I understand how call 20 works against a single raise but a little confused how if call 20 works against multiple raises.

Does call 20 still apply against multiple raises?

Hand converted with online hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4, 4.
      Hero calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.13, Hero folds, MP3 calls $0.11, CO calls $0.05, BU calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.55) J, 6, 4 (3 players)
      MP3 bets $0.53, CO calls $0.53, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.61) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 raises to $0.46, CO calls $0.46.

River: ($2.53) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $2.53.
      Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, jacks and fours(J K).
      MP3 shows two pairs, jacks and fours(J Q).
      BB shows a pair of fours(A Q).

CO wins with two pairs, jacks and fours(J K).
  • 4 replies
    • mata123
      Well with my basic understanding i would say that more money in the pot,bigger your odds to i call with small poket pairs a raise +callers/a decent reraise(not an all in or something crazy) very often...
      The key is to fold when you don't hit the flop to a raise,even is soooo tempting to push your luck :f_biggrin:
      Somebody please stop me if i'm rambbling......
    • thazar
      well this particular situation is a bit tricky:

on one hand you are reraise by $0.11 you have $1.98 so you are not in a call20 situation but there is the COP that could still come in the pot or if not there is dead money si on that basis I would go for it.

on the other hand the CO could reraise and make you fold.

I would call the raise from BB and but fold if CO reraise and i and not in the call20 situation. also if CO reraise and BB call you do not need a call 20 situation but less since you have 2 punters in the pot.

finally note that call20 situation is based on the amount of the raise:
      let 's say you call the $0.13 and CO reraise to $0.20, BB calls $0.20 the raise is not $0.20 but $0.07 and you have oponent an easy call.

I hope it is a bit clearer to you
    • Svizac28
      Here's how I play small pocket pairs: I usually call all bets and 3bets as long as they arent bigger than 10 big blinds. If pot isnt raised before me, then I raise. On the flop i bet my ass off if I hit a set, fold immediately if I don't hit a set.

So in this particular case I'd call BB's bet
    • woopstash
      I play pretty strict to the call 20 rule with one raiser, but as more players hop into the pot (by cold calling) I start loosening up as the chances of getting paid off with a set greatly improve. With that being said, if one player raises and 2 call, and they only have short stacks, I would probably fold unless I had position or the pp was 88+.

The 3bet by the BB is for his remaining stack, and it seems unlikely that one of the other players remaining will 4 bet after cold calling with 2 other people still left for the side pot. If the raise was to say, 0.30, you could find a fold. But in this case, I'd stay in the hand and fold if I don't hit a set. You're getting such good odds to stay in.