[NL2-NL10] 77 - Sb

• czzoltan
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.40) 4:club: , A:heart: , 7:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $1.21, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.51 (All-In), UTG2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($3.42) Q:spade:
      River: ($3.42) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3.42

Did I play this one correctly? I must also tell the results, because I think this was just simply a bad beat. In the showdown, the villain showed a set of Aces. I probably shouldn't have called the raise pre-flop, but was it okay after?
  • 2 replies
    • BattleHunter
      I would pretty much play it the same way. Your preflop play is following the starting rules of PokerStrategy (call 20) exactly, so nothing wrong there.
      You hit your set and get the money in, which is awesome, and on this limit villain will get his money pretty much the same way if he had: 2 hearts, 44, AK/AQ/AJ, A4, A7 and ofc AA.

Equilator gives you close to 90% equity against those hands. Even if you remove some that are more uncommon at that spot, you still get more than 80% equity.

Set over set happens, and there often is nothing you can do about it. Even the pros have hard time not going broke in such spots (middle set on a dry board), so don't blame yourself too much.. it just happens so let it go and continue playing. Eventually as your volume goes up you will get in the same spot, but this time on the other side :f_biggrin: and recover your loss :P
    • Kaitz20
      nh, lead out and then shove if get raised is very nice play on drawy baord.