Bad beats

• pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      HI
      I have been playing poker for 2 years nearly every day. I get my share of bad beats, but the last week seems to be very bad at one site. Don’t want to go into detail but it seems I lose every hand that I go all-in or call a all-in even if the odds is overwhelming in my favor . A few off my beat are:

1) Got AA raise pre- flop get called, Flop is A 2 7 I bet guy rais, nothing on the flop to scare me I go allin guy calls with Q2. Turn is a 2 river is a 2 I lose to four 2’s

2) Same day same site get QQ I raise(4xBB) pre-flop BB calls, flop QQK i check flopped the nuts not going to bet, guy bets the pot I raise ½ the pot he goes all-in, I snap call, turn K river K. I lose

3) Next day same site in the BB got Kh10s nobody bet 2 callers, flop KsKc10c I slow play but one guy bets pot I having the nuts I go allin he calls with 9c8c on a flush draw so my Full house is save LOL not. Turn 7c River 6c lose to a straight flush.

I can go on with more bad beats but the thing is the players call needing runner runner and every time they get it at this site. I really like the site but find myself playing more and more at other sites where I also get bad beat but not like that. It’s like I got the feeling they call because they know someone at the site will give them the right cards.
      Don’t know what you guys think.
  • 5 replies
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Bad beats happen... if you keep playing according to the odds, you'll win in the long run. It's just that we tend to remember more vividly the hands that have more emotional attachment to us (eg awful beats), so it seems like everything goes wrong even though it really doesn't.

Keep using a correct BRM and learn to take your bad beats with a smile. This is coming from someone who has had his good share of awful beats too :) . And, there is absolutely no way that any big poker site is rigged--word would spread and they'd fail very quickly.
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      Yes that what i also think but it seems very unreal that this 3 hand plus more happen in less than 24 hours. I get sorry i thought u were bluffing allot but when you go all-in with Q2 Then it seems you know you will get help from somewhere. I am already not playing as much on this site but that just my choice.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Playing for two days and having bad beats like this? Ummm... Either you have a MASSIVE sample size over 2 days, you have the worst shortterm luck of the year or you're lying.
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      I realy hope its just short term bad luck, must say im not a very lucky player as it is, for lying, after 2 years i still have a problem bluffing so make up your own mind if im lying.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Oh, oops. Sorry. I misread your first post. I thought you said 2 days.

lol, 2 years. Ok, yeah, that is normal.

lol that would be sick in 2 days though :D