Rush poker strategy,

• onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      Hi All,

Im just wondering regards to Rush poker strategy for both BSS and SSS.

I've been looking around to see what kind of strategy to use. And most of them were recommending to play BSS and play LAG (LOTS of blind steal and resteal)

Any one expert give me some idea or help please?

I played rush poker with no knowledge and played like how i played normal Ring without any players info and got Hammered.. hahah

it is really exciting but its also very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
  • 15 replies
    • badcatwOw
      badcatwOw
      Bronze
      play tight and agressive :)
      & go to the video section.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/10091
    • onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      that video was great, thanks for that :)
      hope there is more rush videos.
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      It is difficult, as hasenbraten says in his videos the dynamic of the game has changed since launch. In the early days you could steal/3bet with almost ATC but people have wised up on that now!

As he recommends, tighten up early position and loosen up late in particular your 3bet range on the button. When I did I was surprised how often a MP or HJ/CO raiser would fold to a standard 3bet.

Post flop is the same, even folding TPTK or overpair to strong resistance. Basically because of the quickfold most players will get out unless they have the goods.

Try and take lots of notes on players that steal or 3bet and if you can get a HUD. HEM has one for Rush (see the latest video) and PT3 has a beta version with one too although I can't get it to work so I am still "blind" apart from my notes!

Good luck!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by robpettitt
      PT3 has a beta version with one too although I can't get it to work so I am still "blind" apart from my notes!
      Why play blind when a mail to support would get you all fixed up? :f_confused:
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      PT3 has a beta version with one too although I can't get it to work so I am still "blind" apart from my notes!
      Why play blind when a mail to support would get you all fixed up? :f_confused:
      Been there, done that, still can't get the beta version to work. It freezes up completely on launch of PT3. Have had a very technical response but they don't really know either it seems. Very frustrating!

"Your logs indicates something's going wrong with PostgreSQL (possibly corrupted install such as your security programs moving one of its files or they're just plain interfering). PostgreSQL seems to be fielding transaction requests when PokerTracker3 isn't even running so are you use PostgreSQL for something other than PokerTracker3?

It does note that "database system was not properly shut down" so are you using the buttons on your computer case to reboot/shutdown? You don't want to do that - use the Windows "shutdown" and "reboot" graphics instead."

It makes no sense as PT3 main version works fine just the beta not. :(
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Been there, done that, still can't get the beta version to work. It freezes up completely on launch of PT3. Have had a very technical response but they don't really know either it seems. Very frustrating!
      I've PM'd you so we don't muck this thread up talking about this. :D
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      This hand represents everything i like about Rush Poker :D

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $96.05
      MP2:
      $148.95
      MP3:
      $55.95
      CO:
      $30.05
      BU:
      $53.55
      SB (Hero):
      $20.00
      BB:
      $51.25
      UTG1:
      $57.95
      UTG2:
      $35.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, CO raises to $5.25, BU folds, Hero raises to $20.00, 4 folds, CO calls $14.75.

Flop: ($45) K, 3, 5 (2 players)

Turn: ($45) A (2 players)

River: ($45) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $45.
      Results follow:

CO shows a pair of jacks(J Q).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A K).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and kings(A K).
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I also suggest that if you are deep 170bb+ you leave the table and rejoin. Alot of beginners dont know how to pay deep stacked because they go broke too loosely. Also you dont run the chance of risking $40-$75 at a time to another deep stack going broke with TPTK against their set.
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      All i know that rush poker > ring games ... i :heart: rush poker :f_cool:
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I hate rush NLH. Never can tell who is playing for nuts, and who is going crazy.

Rush PLO is :heart:
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Some interesting opinions in this thread. After having played ring games for 200k hands and then getting this fast $400 thing from FTP, I was looking forward to rush. But after playing it 3hours a day for the past week I can safely say I prefer ring games.

Rush is great for clearing bonuses that expire in a short space of time but other than that I think ring games are the way to go. Rush has too many coolers and has so much variance its not funny. I am 4 tabling NL25 SH and I am having $100 swings everytime I log on. You have to be super disciplined in the BRM and tilt department and have rakeback to survive. Lucky for me I am. But once this bonus is cleared its back to ring games for me where I can sit back relax, take notes, tablescan and play some poker.
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      I'm with Joronamo & JohnBeattie85 on this one. I played Rush poker for only 2.1k hands and I saw rapid increases and decreases to my bankroll and I can honestly say that some of the cards that flipped over actually made me laugh, even when they were cracking my premium hands.

So I played 2.1k hands, and that's probably all I'll ever play unless I am really trying to meet a bonus deadline. As my deposit bonus runs until 26th of July I'll just just take the slow steady approach back at the normal FR tables, where I can adjust to players, make informative plays based on information I've collated and generally be more confident as to whether a player is likely to be holding a premium hand or just a couple of rags.
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      I am doing quite okay on FR Rush. Swings arent so bad, i only had 20 buyin downswing in 150k hands total, so that not bad at all imo. But its ture it is FR, not SH, where dnyamics are alot different.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I have no time for 9 max rush, I find you have many more possibilities in making profit in 6 max rush, but thats just me. the rush MTSNG format seems nice too.