why do we have no rake races for pokerstars?

• 12 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      It is within PokerStars Affliate system so PokerStrategy can/is not really able to hold a rakerace. If PokerStrategy were doing a rake-race, PokerStars would be banning out PokerStrategy within a split-second meaning you won't get any strategypoints then

- Gerv
    • djo1djo1
      djo1djo1
      Bronze
      not sure i follow. pokerstars is the only site that doesn't allow it's affiliates to do any rakeraces? why not?

if no rakeraces are available, what about freerolls?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by djo1djo1
      not sure i follow. pokerstars is the only site that doesn't allow it's affiliates to do any rakeraces? why not?

if no rakeraces are available, what about freerolls?
      Yep Stars simply doesn't allow it - I do not have insight in their business model/plan so I cannot tell you much about the reason

Stars got VIP freerolls themselves but sometimes PokerStrategy holds a $1, $5k in the prizepool guaranteed tournament
    • djo1djo1
      djo1djo1
      Bronze
      a bit weird, rakeraces would only make people want to play more on their site. it's true that stars are special though, no rakeback whatsoever for example

what are vip freerolls? i'm talking about exclusive freerolls for people who signed up through pokerstrategy like pokernews have on pokerstars for their players.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi djo1djo1,

We do, as Gerv has already indicated, have the odd special events around various poker platforms, including Stars. Keep an eye on the news page to ensure that you don't miss out on the next one.

We have had exclusive PokerStrategy leagues running on Stars in the past too, which have been great fun and a good way to get to know fellow members.
      I am currently in the early stages of putting a new one together, so watch this space as they say. Will post details & seek members opinions etc in the forum soon.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Couple of reasons:

1. Pokerstars gives smaller share of player's rake to affiliate than other sites.

2. Pokerstars don't offer %-based revenue share to most affiliates, instead Pokerstars pays set amount for each new player. So no matter how much that player rakes, affiliate will only get that 50$ or whatever for that player. Only the largest get %-based deal like Pokerstrategy.

3. It is a lot more +EV for Pokerstars to have players under one-time payment than pay affiliates each month. Let's take me for example, Stars have probably paid about 3000$ to Pokerstrategy just this year just because I have my account tracked to pokerstrategy. Even if it takes couple of years for a player to pay enough rake to cover the one-time fee, most people will eventually play there.

4. Affiliate have no incentives/possibily to offer rake races if they are at one-time fee.

5. If a %-based affiliate started to offer races, a lot of players would sign up through that affiliate. Pokerstars don't want to encourage people to sign up through %-based affiliate. So they don't allow affiliates to offer promotions like rake races.

6. Rake races will cost affiliates money.

Nonetheless, there haven't been any Stars promotions in over year which is disappointing. I remember I created my account just to participate in that 5k freeroll Strategy used to have every month.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Gold
      A seperate rake race is not allowed, but the players playing on stars do get the chance to compete in the top250 each month right?
    • Raigo12
      Raigo12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by djo1djo1
      all of the other sites have them..
      Yes, any tournament / freerolls (strategy), to rake races Poker. Parts AF. Sites organized by freerolls, other tournaments (add), rake racesid have not seen heard of PokerStars.
      I would also like to make any special tournaments Pokerstrategy (ADD) or something like that.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      A seperate rake race is not allowed, but the players playing on stars do get the chance to compete in the top250 each month right?
      Hi NIVEKii,

Yes, all PokerStrategy points earnt will count towards the Top 250 rake race on PokerStrategy.

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      We have had exclusive PokerStrategy leagues running on Stars in the past too, which have been great fun and a good way to get to know fellow members.
      I am currently in the early stages of putting a new one together, so watch this space as they say. Will post details & seek members opinions etc in the forum soon.
      Is it... could it be... BotD?!
    • djo1djo1
      djo1djo1
      Bronze
      thanks for the answers. if there are no rake races i hope there will be at least a freeroll each month..
    • djo1djo1
      djo1djo1
      Bronze
      any update on the freerolls?