Buy bonus or cash?

• pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I was recently clearing a 350$ bonus on PP that they gave me for free, now I cleared it and I have another 100$ bonus for free waiting which I want to clear too. But after that I want to change my roll to FTP for the rakeback and less rake (I'm playing 5$ SnGs on PP and the rake is just ridiculous) and the higher traffic. Once I will have cleared that bonus I will have around 2300 points wich I could buy a 100$ bonus or 50$ cash for. But I don't really want to spend the time for the bonus and I was thinking on taking the 50$ in cash because it would cover the money I will loose on the exchange rate from $ to €.
      What do you guys think? Any opinions?
  • 4 replies
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      With 1500pp you can buy one of 2 cash or bonus:

1. 50$ Cash (6.67%)
      You receive the cash immediatly, so you can move your BR to FTP.

2. 100$ Bonus (13.33%)
      You have to release the 100$ in 5 instalments of 20$ each. Each instalment of 20$ is released upon making 75pp. That means you have to make 375pp to release the total of 100$.

IMHO the 2nd option is the best. I don't know what stakes and volume you play but I think it's not hard to make those 375pp. I've already bought one of these and I released it quite easily playing NL5 SH, 1$-3$ SNG and 1$-3$ MTT. And I don't think I play a lot of time or volume.

For example, if you play the 6$ SNGs, you would need to play 188 of them to release the full bonus.

But, if you're in a hurry to move to FTP then choose the 1st option.

Note that I think that in PartyPoker when you withdraw you must leave a minimum of 50$ in your account (so that they can "steal" it later through the innactivity procedure).

Hope my post was useful to you. Feel free to ask any other questions.
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      I think if you want to leave, take the $50 and go.

The bonus is obviously designed to keep you at the site, which often works. By the time you clear the bonus you've racked up almost enough points for another bonus, and they give you another free bonus. Before you know it, your still there 6 months later thinking "I'm going to leave as soon as I clear this last bonus!"

If you're happy to stay at party for a while longer, then I think you have to take the $100 bonus. It really is up to you, and depends how desperate you are to leave Party.

Another to consider is the FDB at Full Tilt, if you don't have the $600 to gain the maximum from the FDB then I would wait till you have. If you have more than $600, then why not leave whatever is remaining in Party and clear the bonus. If you do this, try to not loose out by only partly clearing either bonus.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I have more than 600$ at the moment, so I wanted to deposit the 600$ to get the full bonus on FTP.
      Maybe I will leave some of the remaining money in my party account. before I was thinking of removing it all to my e-wallet and depositing when there is a nice bonus offer.
      To clear the full amount on FTP won't be possible for me though since I'm not playing 24 SnGs a day (if my calculations are correct ;) ).. But with the rake back it's definetly worth it for me..
      Can someone tell me if they use another exchange rate on FTP? Because PP is and because of that I will loose around 30$ but if FTP is using another one too than I have to put that in my calculations and withdraw even more from my party account..
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cryoburn
      With 1500pp you can buy one of 2 cash or bonus:

1. 50$ Cash (6.67%)
      You receive the cash immediatly, so you can move your BR to FTP.

2. 100$ Bonus (13.33%)
      You have to release the 100$ in 5 instalments of 20$ each. Each instalment of 20$ is released upon making 75pp. That means you have to make 375pp to release the total of 100$.

IMHO the 2nd option is the best. I don't know what stakes and volume you play but I think it's not hard to make those 375pp. I've already bought one of these and I released it quite easily playing NL5 SH, 1$-3$ SNG and 1$-3$ MTT. And I don't think I play a lot of time or volume.

For example, if you play the 6$ SNGs, you would need to play 188 of them to release the full bonus.

But, if you're in a hurry to move to FTP then choose the 1st option.

Note that I think that in PartyPoker when you withdraw you must leave a minimum of 50$ in your account (so that they can "steal" it later through the innactivity procedure).

Hope my post was useful to you. Feel free to ask any other questions.
      I dont understand if your being serious about leaving the $50 and the reason for doing so if u are...