3.40$ 9 PLAYERS 1k sngs till end of MAY

• aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I’m a Heads Up player, a winning one, the thing is I tried SNG 9 handed, and it was bad, maybe cause I didn’t apply things right, or maybe my game was fishy…

Anyway, I got to poker strategy and I learned how to play SNG 9handed, and one day I was playing Heads Up , my opponent was a regular at 9 handed 5 and 10$ and I saw his stats and I was surprised, cause I never thought that u can make serious money in 9 handed ! Because I thought “ wow” too much luck needed to get 1st place in many SNGs , and basically you have no edge there…but obv I was wrong... and the funny thing , while I was chatting with him, during our game, he said You know Pokerstratgey.com? and I said I’m a member there :D and then he said go get ICM and watch all bronze videos...

And I did! And it toke my game to the next level! And then we start to talk via skype and he helped me a lot! Now I know where my edge is! And how big it is! And I used to play ultra tight on bubble, and that’s wrong. I learned to play for 1st place! And don’t be scared to push to get to that level! Cause is better to get 1 time 1st place, and not 3 times 3rd place! And that’s my edge over others. even though I see tons of regulars at 5.50$ 9 handed which is sick!

But Anyway I didn’t play 9 handed seriously, till this month, and I didn’t play a lot, so I’m doing this blog to get help cause obv I’m still little fishy when it comes to do the most +EV move!

So I played about 100 games this month, these 9 days! and 1st let me say that my heads up bankroll is 1400$ so I’m taking 200$ to make money at 9 handed and see where that takes me, if I lose 200$ there. I’m just letting it go lol ..i mean how dumb can I be to lose 200$ and still play it ! that’s why I will put more study more asking more watching videos..etc…

I’m playing the 5.50$ for many reasons, well 1st 3.40$ is just a gd start if u have no bankroll, but I’m ok, I have experience and 2nd of all if I crush this limit I can make money !

I dont use any software( pt3, holdem manager..) many regulars told me at 5$ no need for those stuff...

I don’t play a lot of games , just 10 games a day, cause I grind the rest of the day heads up but I will play more cause I wont say anything about my results till I reach 1k games ! and then I see …

So till now 101 games played .. 1st place: 13
      2nd : 11
      3rd : 15

So that’s about 20$4bi profit ! that’s my graph from shark scope for those 101 game( i know is nothing but as a start)
  • 14 replies
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Well since i cant get any images to here in a correct way, i'l save it for later when i reach 1k SnG!

today was ugly, really bad day..i was playin 20$ heads up, i had 66 i 3 bet he min -raise..i call, flop 9 6 9 goes check check Turn Q bet raise all in .. river K

nd he shows 9 6 ! lol sick ! i can take bad beats all day long but this hand is just wow! nd i know he's a fish...

Anyway 2day i played 4 SNG 2nd place : 2 and out 2 !

Games played : 105

Money won : 26$ ROI : 4%

see ya laterss ...
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      So after great HU day , 76$ profit, i opened 6 SNG , and it just sucks, i played the best way i can..and i busted in all of them, except one game, i got 3rd place...

Games Played: 111

Money won: 2$ Roi: 0%

lol ..hope that after 1K games , i show profit...is frustrating tho... :f_mad: :f_cry:
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      I woke up at 8:30 in the moring, made coffe, and started grinding 22$ heads up...at 12 i stoped i made about 100$ ,,but i was focusing too much...nd its too much stress..so i didnt play any SNG today...hope i play tomorow.. Gd night all
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      GD HU DAY ! +50$ at 5 nd 10$ limit

i played 4 sng 9 handed:

won 1 nd lost 2 and 1 i got 3rd place... by sick move, it was deep... i on BB, Bu folded, SB complete, i had JJ i shove he insta call me AA ..fckin sick..

I really find it hard to play more...
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Best of luck with your 9 handed efforts. The 66vs96 hand is sick lol

Where are you playing your poker ?
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey nibbana,

I play at PokerStars, home of best team PROfishes ;)

thx 4 writing :)

Well, Sunday is always sick, either i get unreal hands or unreal bad beats..like K K vs 5 2 all in pre flop >>> flop 5 river 5 ! sometimes no matter what i do, no matter how good i play, bad days will always be part of my game and i cant avoid them...is just i have to controll my blood pressure....nd thats the hard part lol

Well i kept playin heads up like a fish, is funny , when i lose i play more..but when i win..i play less.. :f_confused: :f_confused: hmmm, i wonder why!

So anyway i played 4 sng 9 handed, I won 1 nd lost 3 ..

and it was so hard,,,i swear 5 regulars were at my 4 tables...and all of them was in my end game..since the 3 games i lost were on buble :s_cry: :s_cry: ... so tough games.. nd i cant watch vidoes here..is not working...this is so gay not to watch vidoes..how wil i improve... ?(

Anyway:

Games played :119

Profit:12$ Roi:2%

Hopefully y'all had a better sunday , see ya !
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Oh well, when i win i'm happy when i lose i act unhuman!
      Poker is taking all areas of my life...if i had a gd day, gd sesion i stay calm nd relaxed...but if things go the other way around, i be like an " animal" i really need to read more about anger and tilt controll... fckin heads up sickest game ever...

Well 2day i played more sngs, about 9 games ..was cool, 1st ses 5 tables 2nd 4 tables..
      results :

1St: 1
      2nd: 1
      3rd: 2

Out of money : 5
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hi there.

It's been said in many other blogs, no doubt will be in many more, and is now being said in your blog as well.

Getting your money in with the best hand is the only win you can manage. I suggest having your good feelings at that point. It truly is when they are most appropriate.

Know this. 25 offsuit has equity against KK. Not much, but as much equity as it has, you are going to see it beat you that often, over time.

It may be the first time you saw it, and that was one of its wins. Don't feel crushed by this. You will see it again. And you may see it happen several times running, because variance has no feelings, no memories, and can't be influenced.

If you try to bargain with the Bitch, that is a game in your own head. You can't win.

Knowing that, and having a bankroll management strategy which assures that you cannot be hurt by this short term variation, means that you can play comfortably, and start to not feel bad because of inevitable reality.

It will help in all aspects of your life.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Really well put aciddrop, considered, sensible and more importantly accurate.

I've read Zen and the Art of Poker. Other people recommend The Poker Mindset, have you tried either aceonetheriver ?

Your mind can be trained like any other part of you - through hard work and practice.
    • xDurchsichtig
      xDurchsichtig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nibbana
      Your mind can be trained like any other part of you - through hard work and practice.
      So true =) if you have learn that, you'r ready for much more.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Hi there.

It's been said in many other blogs, no doubt will be in many more, and is now being said in your blog as well.

Getting your money in with the best hand is the only win you can manage. I suggest having your good feelings at that point. It truly is when they are most appropriate.

Know this. 25 offsuit has equity against KK. Not much, but as much equity as it has, you are going to see it beat you that often, over time.

It may be the first time you saw it, and that was one of its wins. Don't feel crushed by this. You will see it again. And you may see it happen several times running, because variance has no feelings, no memories, and can't be influenced.

If you try to bargain with the Bitch, that is a game in your own head. You can't win.

Knowing that, and having a bankroll management strategy which assures that you cannot be hurt by this short term variation, means that you can play comfortably, and start to not feel bad because of inevitable reality.

It will help in all aspects of your life.

KICKASS. Its like my life's philosophy and the correct approach to poker all rolled in to one. I love it.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Wow, what aciddrop said is just gold! just what i needed to hear, ty sir, i'l put myself into that mind set :) :s_love:

And nibbana, well i have these books nd i keep reading them, is just sometimes i just 4get that POKER is just a " long term" game ...nd like its been said by aciddrop "having a bankroll management strategy which assures that you cannot be hurt by this short term variation, means that you can play comfortably, and start to not feel bad because of inevitable reality." that's why this site is ++EV :D

And speacking about Golden stuff :P , i just turned Gold! :D :f_p: :f_cool: which is cooool, i can chill in heads up section, nd get tons of vides to watch! which is sweeeeeet ! :f_cool:

Back to sngs update , i played alot of 9 handed, i think i'm improving,because every hand i'm not sure about, i just go post it in 9 handed section, which is really improving my game, now i think more deeply about this type of Poker, and i think i can easily show profit after 1k games ! :s_cool: :D

Total Games played:137

Profit: 41$ ROI:5%

Thx 4 reading guys, it motivate me to play more sngs :s_love: :f_love: , till next time take caresss.. time to crush fishessss seee yaaa
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Man i'm loving these sngs 9 handed! not winning much tho, but still, i dont care about winning $ right now, what really matter is playing correctly and $ will follow :s_cool:

liltle update:

Games played: 154
      money won: 38$ ROI: 4%
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Oh well, i need a break ..is always gd to remmber that there is a WHOLE LIFE waiting for me outside pokerstars lol plus as christian....or half one... very important week to come...POker is so improtnat to me, but if i'm gonna play every single day of the year, i would be havin a very sad lonely life...

All in all , i'm up 906$ this month ! an OK month, hopefully u guys had better results! till later, take caresss and keep crushing souls :s_biggrin: seee yaaaa