[NL2-NL10] T8o from the SB

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 8:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 4 folds, SB calls $0,01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,06) J:spade: , 8:club: , T:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,06, MP1 raises to $0,12, SB calls $0,12, Hero calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,42) 3:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,06, Hero calls $0,06, MP1 raises to $0,33, SB folds, Hero raises to $1,86 (All-In), MP1 raises to $1,30 (All-In).

River: ($3,64) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,64
      Flopped 2 pairs,betted here for protection and value,i was affraid of the flush/straight draws and maybe a set....
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

For somebody to have a set, they'd need to have limped JJ preflop or have precisely one of the two combos of TT/88 left out there. That's 5 combos total that don't really match the action, just dismiss the possibility and call it a cooler when it happens.

You can't be "afraid" of flushdraws and straight draws either, you beat them.

Against two fish without a full stack, i'd just 3bet the flop for value and expect them to continue with hands we beat often enough to show a profit regardless of the times we get coolered. You don't want to see a club nor Q/9/7 cards on the turn against two players that could be drawing, it'd kill your hand and that's like half the deck right there.

I'd played i'd raise SB's donkbet myself on the turn and go broke against him easily. I'm probably still felting the hand against MP1, tho i'm much less happy about it at that point.

Hope it helps.