Trying to Beat the MicroStakes - My First month on PS

• joseferraz
      joseferraz
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, my name is Jose and i just completed my first month on PS. Since i became a bigfan of all the blogs around here i decided to create one of my own, its objective is to both motivate and keep a record of my career as well to take advantage and learn from this great community we have here at PS besides i hope it will help others like it have helped me.

I like to play MTT and SH cash games for now im keeping on the low levels 1$ buy and nl10, i read a couple of articles here and also Dan Harrington books it gave me a nice look in to the theory of poker but i feel i still have loads to learn and im up for any advice u guys can have for me :) , from books to videos to read and watch!!
      Of course like everyone i want to make a few bucks out of this eheh!

Here are my results so far since i started with my 50$ BR on Bet365

BR = 516,42$
      Got about 1200 PS points and MeritPoints 4333, bet365 releases 10$ each 1200MP

I think i been rolling pretty good but since i new to this, is the speed of my bankroll's progress low/normal/high?

Since i have cleared the elephant license i tried to install it and use it to keep track of my play and get some idiea where the leaks in my game are, but it doesnt seems to work on bet365 even when using titan as the room oh well, i read it doesnt help my game that much at this levels.
      Currently trying the PT3 to get a few graphs lets see what i can do.

Well any questions, tips and comments are welcome!

Ty for your time and atention,
      Jose
  • 6 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joseferraz
      Here are my results so far since i started with my 50$ BR on Bet365

BR = 516,42$
      Got about 1200 PS points and MeritPoints 4333, bet365 releases 10$ each 1200MP

I think i been rolling pretty good but since i new to this, is the speed of my bankroll's progress low/normal/high?
      How about insanely well! $500 playing NL10 in one month represents either super run good, some decent volume ($300 in rake at NL10 seems a lot in a month - I play FL though so not 100%) or decent MTT winnings or all of the above! :f_cool:

Good luck - never stop learning, always remember poker is a game of variance which can run both super hot and super cold, and have fun! :f_thumbsup:
    • joseferraz
      joseferraz
      Bronze
      Hello, i guess no one likes my blog lol, only one reply, oh well gonna keep posting, props to u waiboy :) , its mostly mtt winnings been reaching final tables a lot and also i hv been putting a good volume on the cash games to get points and rake, but bet365 reward system sucks alot at least at this limits i guess.

well since my last post i been even more active on the tables and my game has been going pretty fucking well, i currently have an amazing BR in a month and a few days since the starting capital, TY POKERSTRATEGY eheeh

BR = 1150$
      PS POINTS = 1700
      MP= 6110

next post i will include some hands i have questions about my play

MY GOALS for the rest of march:

:club: Complete the +100$ Bonus of the starting capital
      :club: Learn about PokerTracker and its statistics
      :club: Watch more vids on SH
      :club: LEARN NOT TO BLUFF ON NL10 and NL25

Well any questions, tips and comments are welcome!

Ty for your time and atention,
      José
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Nice run for 1 month!

Since you wanted a comparison here is me for example - first 2 months I didn't play much (4-5k hands altogether), last week I did 11k hands and my bank went from 80$ to 160$, playing only SH nl4 (god I want to move up...).
      I'm sooo envious :f_p:

getting $1k in a month is a really nice achievement IMO, keep up the good work ^^
    • armitageshanks
      armitageshanks
      Bronze
      It's because of people being frustratingly jealous. Great work! You put people like me to shame.

Keep it up.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Nice work on the super quick bankroll boost! I'd say one of the following is possible:
      1) You are a red hot luckbox
      2) The site you play at is full of fish
      3) You are a gifted natural (at least well on your way)
      4) All of the above

Good job! Personally, with over 20k hands at NL5 for $80 profit, and 13k hands at NL10 for $40 profit, I'd say your doing exceptionally well in relation to my winnings!

Your goals seem very reasonable and worthwhile. Keep it up! Keep improving your game as there is still a chance you are getting 'luckier' than normal. Other than than, fine work, I'm jealous.
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      Holy shit dude.. i hate you !!!! after 2 months my BR is 54$ its going up and down... i mostly play SNG's myself but i guess i should look more into the MTT's like yourself :)