[NL2-NL10] Two QQs NL2 hands

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      First one:

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :spade: , Q :club: .
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.18) 5 :diamond: , 5 :club: , A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.20, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.18.

I know I should have raised $0.10 instead of $0.08, but that doesn't really mind.

And then:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :diamond: , Q :club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,12, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0,29) 8 :club: , 6 :diamond: , T :diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,10, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,09) T :heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,46 (All-In), Hero calls $0,46.

River: ($2,01) 4 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2,01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and tens (Qd Qc)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, tens (Ts Jh)

Was it right to call the all in?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

What you wanna do on such flops usually depends on how likely you think your opponent is likely to bluff and how you prefer to handle it. The truth is, you'll rarely get called by worse from decent players when you c-bet QQ on A55r, but it's still better to c-bet than to check/fold against players that will simply bet ANYTHING when you check to them, announcing you don't have Ax. Depending on how likely they are to fire multiple barrels at you with a bluff, check/calling is also viable. We could write an entire book on this spot. My advice: c-bet around half pot when in doubt and take it from there, unless you know your villain well enough to make correct decisions starting with a check.

Standard for me, your villain could still have some draws in that spot and you were both committed on the flop where most of the money went in. He 5-outed you this time, most of the time he won't. NH.

Hope it helps.