This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Possible leak - when to leave the table

• ro1chwvd
      ro1chwvd
      Bronze
      hi ppl

I think I need some help with this. As I played SSS at first, now, after switching to BSS I find myself very uncomfortable at a table after winning some pots and reaching about 150 - 200BB. I tighten up a lot when I know I should take advantage of my bigger stack, but I just can't. I leave the table, and open a fresh one with 100BB.

Is this so bad? On the longer run is this unprofitable? I am thinking also that I am still in the lowest limit (NL2) and I see plenty of stacks being lost with monsters vs idiots.

:club:
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      If you are unconfortable to play with a largerr stack, it is better for you to leave. There are 2 solution, you can either start playing with larger stack as your bankroll grow or it might be that you don't ahve a conservative enough bankroll and losing a double stack will hurt you too much. in the later case i would gone down a level and get use to play with large stack.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      I agree with thazar. If you are uncomfortable with a big stack, leave. Anything that causes you to stop playing your A game is tilt. However, you can't really move down a limit if your already in the basement ;)

The only time playing super deep makes me uncomfortable is when there are several big stacks at the table (200bb +) and they are good players. If i have 100-160bb I just play the exact same game that got me the extra bbs to begin with. I don't find its the same as tourney play where the big stack gives you a ton of power.

The only time I will stay on a table with a big stack is if the other super deep stacks are like 57/37 fish that clearly lucked their way into the money. I will gladly relieve them of the stack with 2pair or better as they love to get it in with worse.