This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ against 2 player

• sicazoRsb
      sicazoRsb
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $8.82
      CO:
      $9.32
      BU:
      $11.84
      SB:
      $4.49

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      CO raises to $0.17, BU raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.43, Hero calls $0.40, CO calls $0.28.

Flop: ($1.8) 2, 7, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.55, CO calls $1.55, BU folds, SB raises to $4.04, Hero raises to $8.37, CO calls $6.82.

Turn: ($22.58) 5 (3 players)

River: ($22.58) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $22.58.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      CO shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).
      SB shows a pair of kings(K K).

CO wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).

What is wrong in this hand ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Gross spot. Playing a 4-way pot out of position with QQ isn't tempting at all, especially since the BUvCO 3-bet doesn't necessarily mean much these days so there is a good chance we're ahead of their ranges. That being said, we don't really want to get it in for 180bb with QQ either, so we're not thrilled with a 4-bet either. Depends how you want to play it really, i'd probably cold4bet to $1.6 and find a fold if a tag 5-bets, otherwise i'm likely calling it off on the offchance some fish just decided it was a good idea to jam crap there.

As played postflop there isn't much you can do after donking but calling it off. Usually i just check to BU and reevaluate from there.

Hope it helps.