How to tell a friend...?

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Every member of PokerStrategy can earn up to $100 per person he refers to PokerStrategy with our Tell-A-Friend program. What do you do to earn money by referring new members? What are your tricks and strategies? Do you advertise in the internet or at home? What do you tell potential new members? What kind of problems arise?

Feel free to discuss about this topic.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
  • 60 replies
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Mainly people associate poker with gambling and as gambling has quite a bad reputation they don't even want to hear anything about it. Probably in fear of getting addicted.

Secondly they take free money as a scam even though you tell them that isn't so. They ask dozens of questions of how is it possible and when you try to tell them that it's all explained on that site, they give up with out even reading the site.

And even if you get them close to signing up, they find out that making money with poker takes time and patience and they either don't sign up at all or they do sign up, but don't participate in the learning process, that way not taking the quiz and not getting behind the poker table.

Just my 2c.
    • pokeraddicte
      pokeraddicte
      Bronze
      very nice promotion i realy hope to bring you many friends here !
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Thanks pokeraddicte!

I hope so, too! :D

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • SkyStar1
      SkyStar1
      Basic
      Where can i introduce the name of my friend, because today, my friend, eugen85 has created his first account at poker strategy and he has passed the quiz too. When do i receive the bonus for reffering to a friend? I have passsed the quiz friday, when can i get the bonus? Thanks a lot
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      First of all, your friend passed the cant pass the quiz at the same day he created the account. And because your asking that question he probably didnt use your refferal link.

Read the second rule here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/taf-info/
    • SkyStar1
      SkyStar1
      Basic
      I have already read the articles.The referral link doesn't work,to introduce the nickname.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Skystar1!

As far as I can see that your friend didn't enter your nickname when he registered at PokerStrategy. For this reason he doesn't count as referred by you.
      And you won't get your starting capital because you registered at PartyPoker without using our bonus code.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • SkyStar1
      SkyStar1
      Basic
      Ok thanks for the answers,we didn't find the field where to complete the name(reffering to a friend)when he completed his profile.
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      Man, you have got to do some research before you rush into things.And did you even read what Puschkin81 wrote?You did not get the bonus because you didnt register correctly!!!That means that you cant get the money, that means you also cant get the money when you refer a friend.
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      is posting your link on a forum ok? I did it once, but they banned me for it :$.

maybe because they have their own bonus program as well :P .

just want to know how you think about it, since I`m part of your community, and not theirs.
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      can any moderator please reply at my previous post?

is it ok to promote pokerstrategy with a post?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mashadar!

Of course it is. But make sure that you don't act against the board rules of other forums.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • mondo07
      mondo07
      Bronze
      hi there were on the registration process is it that you put someone username for the refer a friend bonus ( a no is advertised by but where is this) my friend has registered with you but hasnt finished the proccess is it to late now
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi mondo07!

If he already registered, it is too late. He has to give us your nickname when he is registering. This field "advertised by" can be found on the same page where you have to give us all your personal data like name and address.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      I have some advertised friends who hadn't passed the quiz yet and they haven't been active on pokerstrategy for months now. Looks like they forgot that they registered.

Therefore i wouold like to remind them to pass the quiz, but i don't have their mails (and i don't know them in person). Is there any cahnce? I think on TaF screen there should be an option to contact friends via email.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi debelinko!

Unfortunately we are not allowed to give you the email addresses. But I will forward your proposal to contact the "friends" directly.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • pokerdane78
      pokerdane78
      Bronze
      Hi

I think Pokerstrategy has a problem. I have several friends past the quiz but not all of them have received the capital. Some of my friends have waited more than 14 days and still no payouts.

I have tried to contact support - because some of my friends contactme and ask "what is this - we past the quiz but receive no money in our pokeraccount" can you help us.

I just got a message from support that the members allready have contacted support. But what to do if nothing happens and people say "now they give up".

pokerdane78
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi pokerdane78!

The "friends" who have not got their starting capital had to make an ID check and didn't send their ID's. So there is nothing we can do, if they don't comply with our security requirements.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • pokerdane78
      pokerdane78
      Bronze
      Possible that you tell me precise what they gone do. Where do the need to send ID to and what kind of ID.

When I got my 50US I did not have to send any ID. And a lot of the people who have received their capital have not send any ID. Does it depend of which pokerroom you choose or what?

I just want to find out how I can help my friends now and in the future.

Pokerdane78