$6.40
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $10.54
      CO:
      $1.43

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      UTG2 raises to $0.25, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG2 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.02) J, 2, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

Turn: ($3.12) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

River: ($4.02) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $3.50(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.02.

I put him on trips. What do you think is the chance of that? What else is possible for his hand? How likely is he bluffing?

Thanks,
  • 3 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Raise on the flop to help define his range more... as played, with such a small turn bet from villain, it's hard to determine if he's drawing and got there, or has somthing like AJ and flopped trips.

As played I probably fold river as well, but i'm not really a fan of the passive line taken in the hand... keep in mind, he could easily be holding a hand like QQ here or even a smaller pair, as we dont look strong at any point
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Like I said, don't start taking passive lines for no reason at microstakes, you'll miss value from players who really suck at valuebetting their good hands. Especially since you seem to be the type that is easily afraid of other people having the nuts, it'll just turn you into a huge nit.

Just c-bet $1.2 or so and go broke no matter what happens, i guarantee you you'll get shoved on by lower overpairs / flushdraws and even random underpairs that simply put you on AK or just don't believe you for some reason, often enough to balance out the times you get shown Jx and still yield a profit overall.

Hope it helps.
    • vsladariu
      vsladariu
      Basic
      Good point.

Thanks.