[NL2-NL10] KJs in position; Turn action?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Not sure what the course of action would be after the flop. Was a turn raise too aggressive?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $21.37
      Hero:
      $26.19

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0.60, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.50) 2:club: , 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $4.50, Hero raises to $18.00, UTG2 raises to $19.27 (All-In), Hero calls $1.27.

River: ($43.04) 8:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $43.04
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it's an okay line against people who are capable of folding strong hands when confronted with aggression. Sadly, i don't think a 15/6/4.8 that just bet pot twice on that board quite fits the bill. Both his stats and his line are saying "i have an overpair or a set and i rarely get to play any hand, so i'm not going anywhere". Even assuming he's able to hand read a bit, your hand look more like some kind of turned combodraw than a set because you didn't raise the kinda drawy flop, so he'd probably talk himself into calling it off anyway.

The high variance play is to call because you probably have implied odds in position on the river i doubt he'll be able to fold an overpair or a set at that point even if the flush gets there. If you somehow believe he's capable of check/folding or blockbet/folding a flushing river, you might be better off folding on the turn. A K river ought to slow him down if he has QQ- so if he jammed it'd probably mean he has KK+, meaning our K would be no good. I'd most likely still fold and only go broke with the flush.

Hope it helps.