[NL2-NL10] QJs aggro play

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:club: , J:club: . UTG posts a blind of $0,02.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, MP2 calls $0,06, 4 folds, UTG calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,19) 8:diamond: , 4:heart: , 9:club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0,09, MP2 folds, UTG calls $0,09.

Turn: ($0,37) 7:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0,18, UTG calls $0,18.

River: ($0,73) K:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0,36, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $1,09

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card king with queen kicker (Qc Jc)

Hero wins with high card king with queen kicker (Qc Jc)

I think he had a draw/under pair or maybe A high....
      what do you think about my play?
      P.S. that K came on the river perfectly :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think it's ok. I'd bet bigger all the way myself tho.

We have a 91/49/1 fish behind us and we have QJs which is way ahead of his calling range, only making it 3x when he'd most likely even call 6x is almost criminal in my opinion.

On the flop same thing, his range is so wide he'll still miss that flop most of the time and we have 2 overcards with a nutted gutshot, we're fine putting some more money in there.

As played on the turn i wouldn't bet again too often, the 7 is a pretty bad card that improves a lot of hands he could have peeled the flop with. 6x/5x have a gutshot he's not folding them, Tx has an OESD he's definitely not folding it, most likely he's not folding 8x/9x either, he might even peel Jx for a lone gutshot. The only hands we might get him to fold are big broadways and A-high if he somehow still has that.

As played on the river it's fine since you set up a 3 barrel spot by betting the turn, maybe he finds a fold with the weakest pairs at that point and he'll also be forced to fold some random weak draws that might be ahead of our Q-high somehow.

Hope it helps.