Switching from SSS to BSS

• elhh82
      Hey, i recently made the jump from SSS -> BSS and i've idenfitied a few things i need to work on.

1. Tilt - Now i'm losing way bigger stacks than i am used to, although im playing NL10 vs NL50 from before ($$ wise the stacks are the same), the losses are affecting me way more.

I'm trying to look for a software that maybe locks me out of the game for an hour, before i can play again, any ideas?

2. Pot Control (Aggression) - I find that i win a lot of smallish pots, but almost end up losing all the big pots. I feel that i am obsessed with building pots for my medium hands like TPGK, and that is really hurting me.

I need to find a way to adjust to the opponent's willingness to draw against me, since i'm now offering way better implied odds, and of course learn to spot when i'm beat.

3. Curiosity (Hero calls) - I'm also making way too many expensive calldowns on the turn/river. I just find it really hard to lay down my medium made hands to big bets.

I'm sure many of you guys have made successful transitions before, any tips will really help.
  • 1 reply
    • tokyoaces
      The best suggestion I ever got that solves all of these problems:

Make a video of your play and explain every move and the reasoning for it.

You'll find that just voicing your thoughts out-loud on every street helps keep you away from marginal situations. It will also make you more aware of when you are beat in a hand so you don't even get all the way to the river with an inferior hand. Finally when you know for sure that you have decided on the best course of action on all streets you'll be able to more easily recognize coolers for what they are.

Tilt is probably the most important thing to learn how to manage. Until you learn to instantly leave all of your tables when you take a lose that triggers those emotions you won't be able to hold on to your profits. Poker has very thin edges, even at the micros, and there's no way you can plug this leak without learning self control.

If you can manage your tilt then the rest is pretty straight forward.