This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ v river donk

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.48)
      BB ($3.60)
      UTG ($5.69)
      UTG+1 ($9.74)
      UTG+2 ($10.65)
      MP1 ($11.28)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($10.65)
      BTN ($8.33)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, SB calls $0.85, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.80) 4:heart: 6:club: K:diamond:

SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.70, SB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.70

TURN ($6.20) 4:heart: 6:club: K:diamond: 2:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($6.20) 4:heart: 6:club: K:diamond: 2:club: 5:heart:

UTG+1 bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

I was worried that he might have called with Kx, so i check the turn. Should i just bet again?

Can we fold the river? I don't think so eventhough the straight completes.
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      1st of all u shouldnt 3bet JJ vs utg raise.
      2nd when he calls u on the flop you should give up. no more bets - especially when the straight completes on the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by x3mwisp
      1st of all u shouldnt 3bet JJ vs utg raise.
      2nd when he calls u on the flop you should give up. no more bets - especially when the straight completes on the river.
      I agree. The value in 3-betting JJ against a UTG raiser is thin at best when he's full stacked and unknown in full ring games. Most of the time reasonable players will call you with a mix of AQ+ and medium to high poker pairs, which means when they check/call that K-high flop when it's obvious your most likely hands are AK/KK+ they usually have JJ 2-outing unless they're really suspicious of you. River is an easy fold you're getting valuetowned way too often.

If you want you can also check back the flop and call a turn bet from most players, just fold when a nit bets, maybe valuebet somewhat small against worse pocket pairs if you get checked to twice, and mostly fold to a bet on the river regardless if you get there.

Hope it helps.