This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] BB TT vs UTG+2 raise

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.52)
      Hero ($11)
      UTG ($12.68)
      UTG+1 ($10.55)
      UTG+2 ($6.41)
      MP1 ($8.38)
      MP2 ($7.68)
      CO ($6.29)
      BTN ($9.05)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:club:

Hero bets $0.60, UTG+2 calls $0.60

TURN ($2.05) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:club: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($4.05) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:club: 9:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $2, Hero calls $2

TT is one of my trouble hands. How do i play this preflop? Re-raise for value and fold to a 4-bet? Or do i justcall like here?

Now we have an overpair, how far should we take it?
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      your line is ok. on the river though u only beat 77 and 88 that might bet although i dont think so. Basicly he either has a bluff like AK or has u beat like JJ-AA, A9,T9,89,etc. so river should be an easy fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You're putting yourself in tougher spots by donking out routinely with medium strength hands, because you usually push out worse hands you could have gotten a c-bet from (unless people float you in position) and you're going up against a range of floats/better hands played by relative unknowns that you're playing guessing games with when you release the initiative on the flop. I'd rather check/call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.

As played it's likely fine to call down given that he's a halfstacker and most likely a bad player so he could be randomly bluffing or betting a worse made hand for no good reason, that being said you're in the dark and of course sometimes he'll show you a better hand.

Hope it helps.