[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR 33 ip CO vs SB

• Gabinr1
      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) K, 9, K (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($13.5) K (2 players)
      SB bets $13.50, Hero raises to $30.00

Here I raised for protection mostly (I had him on an AJ,AQ,AT QT,QJ range). And also for fold equity in case of weaker pairs than 9.

Should I just call Turn and revaluate River? or fold?
  • 4 replies
    • nttflox
      He bets pot twice. Whatever he has I doubt he is willing to fold. Without stats I for one would give up on turn and wait for a better spot to stick my money in the middle.
    • Gabinr1
      OK. Let's take a closer look.

We are in the Blind Wars. He donk bets me on a dry flop (K9Kr)... with what could he do that? ... A king? I doubt that. There's nothing to protect.

So I put him on a bluff... Ax. Plus, I can represent a K or a big boat... my line tells exactly that.
    • awishformore
      On the flop, pocket pairs are a big part of his range and he tries to represent a K to some extent (hoping you don't have it). On the turn, he obviously knows that you don't have the king (because quads don't exist in poker ;) ).

He could be on a big pocket pair of his own and even if he's not, it's doubtful that he will fold TT+ or even let go of 88+. It's not about what you can respresent here; without read that he can make a good laydown here, you are just throwing away your money without the necessary fold equity.

Calling your raise a protection raise is just hilarious imo - I see pocket pairs as much bigger part of his range than the hands you mentioned. Raising on the turn simply transforms your hand into a pure bluff, which depends on fold equity you don't have.
    • Kaitz20
      if you think he is bluffing, then call him down
      he is not really going to fold any boat to your shove so I think either calldown or folding turn seems better option