Hero (MP): $50.75
      CO: $60.25
      BTN: $55.00
      SB: $23.47
      BB: $51.27
      UTG: $61.54

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with A :spade: K :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.75) 9 :spade: Q :spade: 8 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB folds, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($13.75) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75

River: ($29.25) Q :heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

There were several squeeze candidates preflop but I also thought 3betting preflop would be at most a flip where I have relatively position on the PFA.

SB is a 38/3 fish callingstation and I flop huge.

The turnbet of him kinda feels weak. He would cBet AQ,QQ,88,99,JT there for sure maybe even KQs if that's in his range.

Based on that, should I call or raise ($22? = 50% of my ES) the Turn?

As played, I put him on exactly TT-JJ or a BDFD so is betting like $20 (my stack was $37) to take down the pot a good idea?
  • 2 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Flop 3way I alternate between betting & checking IP. Imo the board looks better then it actually is 3way, if you hit an ace or king on turn you're mostly valuetowning yourself. So I don't mind potcontrolling a bit.

Turncall is fine imo on paired board. You get ok odds & raising gets you in too big problems vs this line.

I'm taking a stab at the river (20$-22$). Your flop & turn line is perfect to represent a Queen. But like some reads on his riverplays/showdowns.

The hands I put him on are AA/KK/x9/JT/JJ/TT.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      @Diedobal: Why are we mostly valutowning ourselves with a K or and A? I think there's lots of worse hands that will call us.

Calling pre vs UTG raiser FTW :s_cool:

I'm definitely stabbing this flop, because I pfa is often giving up here. When he's not giving up right away, he is on later streets. Plus, we have a ton of equity to help us out.
      On turn, he could have 9x, but I also find it much more likely he has TT-JJ. There shouldn't be many 9x in his UTG range.

If our assumptions about his range are correct, I prefer raising turn, because I think it looks stronger than calling and betting river. He can decide to put us on a busted draw and bluff catch river. Especially on that card.
      If we raise however, how happy can he be? Imagine yourself in his situation with TT or JJ. You can't do anything but fold. Against our overall range, he's making a huge mistake if he calls.
      I'd raise it to at least $24, leaving me commited to call for my FD outs.

If you think there are many 9x in his ragne, it's obviously better to call, instead of raising.

I wouldn't stab this river however, just because he won't give us as much credit as on a blank.

Cheers!