This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - 33, set

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.72
      BB:
      $1.51
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $0.65
      CO:
      $1.91

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3, 3.
      Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) K, 3, A (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.22) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BU calls $0.16.

River: ($0.54) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BU raises to $1.11, Hero raises to $1.76, BU calls $0.65.

Final Pot: $4.06.

against super fish, any advice?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes. It's a 5-way pot, SOMEBODY has to have an A, plus there are known big fish involved. I see no reason not to just bet out for pot, the extra 0.04 won't bother anyone that was planning to call a bet. I'd pot the turn again as played, we're not sure Kx or worse is calling again, but an A certainly isn't going anywhere regardless of the bet sizing.

As played on the river "super fish" doesn't really help us. It could mean he's a giant calling station, in which case for him to actually raise we might not be good against 2x. It could mean he's a monkey so he's raising there as a bluff sometimes and with any two pairs, maybe with a lone A if he's really insane. No clue, but we usually need a good read to find a fold. So I'd say when in doubt your line is fine, he has more A3/A4/A5 combined than 2x in his range unless he peeled the flop with gutshots like 42/52 too, so shoving for value by default is fine.

Hope it helps.