• 15 replies
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      :spade:
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Played my 1st session, std swings in between running bad, 2nd best hands but made some good value plays and managed to win well in the end.
      Some kind of interesting hand from the session:
      SH .5/1 QQ too passive?
      Villain showed up with A :heart: 2 :heart: surprising me, no aggressive history before.
      http://www.pokerhand.org/?5265601
      Biggest pot lost today.
      Villain is a solid winner and regular on the stakes, i don't like his cap oop with T9s, was very surprised to see this kind of hand in his capping range. I think i played it fine vs his range, i don't like raising the flop and checking turns behind, and also don't like raising the flop and bet/folding turns when the pot is big and he is getting good odds on the bluff.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      hova:
      considering no swings
      HAH!

Good luck :f_p:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      GL!

I will look from time to time into this thread :)
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      I played 1/2 and 2/4 FL 6max on stars for few months like 2 years ago, but i didn't have the appropriate bankroll so eventually i got busted :f_biggrin: , but it's a great game and a lot of fun. Understanding how to win money in FL will help your NL game a lot, so i recommend to everyone who plays texas to play both NL and FL. Good Luck!
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Played a very bad tilty session, could have probably made 100BB but tilted off alot didn't make much use of the good spots, bad calldowns, bad folds, ended up winning a little due to a huge amount of luck. I hate these days.
      Finished the day with 1,1k hands and +6BB and lots of variance. Lost a bunch to "beefcooker", tablerate him if u want to know.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      It'll be interesting to get a NL -> FL perspective!

GL with the climb!
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Thx 2 u all.
      The last 2 sessions have been bad, semibluffs don't work.. no foldequity and the outs don't get there, running bad etc. Trying to prevent tilt mostly playing fit or fold, even checking as the pfa alot since most people have fold to cbet 0-5%.
      Try to make my money from making thin turnreraises with tpnk and similar, because people are raising me on the flop very light and calling down when i raise the turn, thats what is keeping me winning atm.

http://img7.myimg.de/graphce2fc.jpg
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      I've been tilting alot and making bad plays, running bad in NLHE and FLHE as well thus i decided to pause the FL project until i'm confident in NLHE again and passed all my exams. Means I'll give it another try in may. Until then u'll get some NLHE content and results ;)

At least it's a winning session.. :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sensible call IMO. No point putting extra pressure on yourself with exams looming. Good luck with them btw!
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Back with some time to play poker. I'm not going to pursue the FL climbing up the stakes anymore, i will try to go for Supernova @ stars asap and then we'll see. I'll be playing some 50NL+ first to get back in the groove.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      GL :)

BTW, are you member of PokerPro?
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Ty. No I'm not, i don't really know what it is.
      I've played my first long session and from what i see the games have really changed, they haven't become tougher but callier. People float 90% of their range multiple streets, making it easier to valuebet but also needful to make very thin valuebets thus increasing variance.
      Also i've been relying a bit too much on foldequity this far, need to change the gameplan.
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      I'm slowly getting back into the flow. There are some unique changes, I've now adjusted to. Like check/calling the turn vs fish. It feels really odd but fish today isn't the std callingstation any more, they are much more willing to turn their bottom pair into bluffs as soon as you check, making c/c or c/r often much more profitable than the bet.

Played ~6,3k hands yesterday and today with 3 stacks down. Stars says 1,9k VPPs HEM says 1,5k. Is there any patch or sth to get the real vpps into HEM?
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      50BB Tables.. they rock