[NL2-NL10] A8s UTG2

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , 8:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO raises to $0,10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,23) 9:club: , 7:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,43) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0,43) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,43, CO raises to $1,77 (All-In), Hero calls $1,34.

Final Pot: $3,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ten high (Ah 8h)
      CO shows a straight, king high (Qc Jc)

CO wins with a straight, king high (Qc Jc)
      not proud the way this hand played out,he was on the aggro side so i called light,but my post flop play was horrible...when the K came i was hopping he had AK,KQ hey KK even,but i diidn't saw his hand
      So bet the turn?Fold preflop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you have bad players behind you I think it's fine to get out of your way and open-raise with A8s, otherwise just fold it. I don't like open-limping regardless of what the table looks like.

On the flop usually i'd just check/raise that small bet of his, i don't give it much credit coming from anybody. Tags won't c-bet so small if they do c-bet on such a drawy board, and unknowns suck at c-betting altogether.

As played on the turn I'd lead out, because his small flop bet really doesn't make me confident in his intent to bet again if i check that turn to him, so i'd rather take the betting lead to prevent a check back.

As played on the river you're not getting away from that i don't think if you have any reason to think he could play a worse hand like that. If he's a tag he has exactly QJ and you can find a fold, otherwise if he's fishy in any way call it off and call it a cooler against anyone decently aggressive.

Hope it helps.