This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A8s UTG2

• mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,02
      CO:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , 8:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO raises to $0,10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,23) 9:club: , 7:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,43) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0,43) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,43, CO raises to $1,77 (All-In), Hero calls $1,34.

Final Pot: $3,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ten high (Ah 8h)
      CO shows a straight, king high (Qc Jc)

CO wins with a straight, king high (Qc Jc)
      not proud the way this hand played out,he was on the aggro side so i called light,but my post flop play was horrible...when the K came i was hopping he had AK,KQ hey KK even,but i diidn't saw his hand
      So bet the turn?Fold preflop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you have bad players behind you I think it's fine to get out of your way and open-raise with A8s, otherwise just fold it. I don't like open-limping regardless of what the table looks like.

On the flop usually i'd just check/raise that small bet of his, i don't give it much credit coming from anybody. Tags won't c-bet so small if they do c-bet on such a drawy board, and unknowns suck at c-betting altogether.

As played on the turn I'd lead out, because his small flop bet really doesn't make me confident in his intent to bet again if i check that turn to him, so i'd rather take the betting lead to prevent a check back.

As played on the river you're not getting away from that i don't think if you have any reason to think he could play a worse hand like that. If he's a tag he has exactly QJ and you can find a fold, otherwise if he's fishy in any way call it off and call it a cooler against anyone decently aggressive.

Hope it helps.