Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.47
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 5 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) A:club: , T:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.76) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.73, SB calls $0.73.

River: ($2.22) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.05, SB raises to $4.38 (All-In), Hero calls $2.86 (All-In).

Final Pot: $10.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines (9d 9c)
      SB shows three of a kind, tens (Td Th)

SB wins with three of a kind, tens (Td Th)

auch! i was thinking about a set on the flop , actually i though about TT , after that call. But guess i lost that idea till the river. after he called 2 streets SHOULD'VE CHECKED BEHIND! :s_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You should never check behind. Loose passive SB will call down with so many worse hands. If he plays check/call, check/call, check/shove, it's not the best spot vs such a passive player, but you shouldn't mind that much since he can be 'slowplaying' AT, AQ type stuff. Only thing I would do differently is value bet the river larger and cbet larger.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You should never check behind. Loose passive SB will call down with so many worse hands. If he plays check/call, check/call, check/shove, it's not the best spot vs such a passive player, but you shouldn't mind that much since he can be 'slowplaying' AT, AQ type stuff. Only thing I would do differently is value bet the river larger and cbet larger.
      That's the idea. Just because sometimes he'll check/shove a monster doesn't mean he's never check/calling with worse, more often than not he's check/calling with worse way often enough to make it profitable for you to bet regardless of the times you get shoved on.

That said I don't really he'd take that line with two pairs overall, so i'm not sure you're ahead on his range on the river. He looks really passive and these players don't raise with medium strength hands very often on the river. I think he has better than two pairs a good amount of the time. As played you can probably still find a fold, but if you take johnbeattie85's advice (which you should) and bet the river bigger for value, you'll have to call a shove for sure regardless.

Hope it helps.