Hi all! any tips for pokerstars?

• KirstyA1
      KirstyA1
      Bronze
      Hi! im not too sure where to start. i passed the quiz and i have played a few MTT, SnG and cash games. mainly because im not sure where my strengths are yet and but im not really getting any FPP's and im just about breaking even.

i was wondering about the pokerstrategy elephant and i think there are other tools but im not using any of them. would they help my play and which ones are the best to use? are they 100% safe and legal or am i gonna be banned if i use them?

Also how do you get FPP's quicker? sounds silly i know but im just impatient and there has to be a quicker way than what im doing ?(
      Any help id be really grateful. :) Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      As far as I'm concerned, Elephant and softwares like that are legal on Pokerstars, however datamining is forbidden. That means you cannot observe the tables with these softwares on, so you can't collect information from other players when not playing in a hand yourself. As far as I'm concerned you don't have to do anything about it, at least Poker Tracker automatically switches off after you reach the limit of observed hands.
      I myself have tried both Elephant and Poker Tracker, and for now, I prefer the latter, but I'm not quite sure yet. The third big software is called Holdem Manager (I think).
      You should download them, each has a completely free full trial version. Elephant has 21 days, PT has 60 days.

About FPPs... SSS seemed to be the best way to collect them for me, because with SSS I can play on higher limits due to the smaller buyin rules(higher limit menas more rake which means more points), and it is pretty simple - so you can easily play on 4 tables at once. Then you can raise the table numbers, however, I myself found 6 to be pretty enough for my nerves. For now at least. Will try to improve slowly.
      I personally use SSS to unlock my bonus, however I am in quite a minus right now... Hopefully the bonus will swing me to a plus.
      Be extra careful with tilt though! If you get on tilt when playing 4-6 tables at once, it can cause a nasty damage to your bankroll.

See ya at the tables!
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey Kirstya1,

Welcome to PokerStars. To view a complete and through list of what is legal and not legal please visit this link: PokerStars Third Party Tools . As for gaining FFPs, at your stage in development I strongly recommend you learn the basics and improve your game before worrying about rakeback and VIP loyalty programs. Simply because at the micro stakes, the VIP return is very insignificant. Also, rake back is pointless if you are a losing player. It is really only valuable if you are a break-even player or better yet a winning player.

Since you are still not sure what game you would like to play I suggest playing what you enjoy the most and what you win at the most. Good luck.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      "I strongly recommend you learn the basics and improve your game before worrying about rakeback and VIP loyalty programs. Simply because at the micro stakes, the VIP return is very insignificant. Also, rake back is pointless if you are a losing player. It is really only valuable if you are a break-even player or better yet a winning player."

I absolutely agree to that. Its just a (very) nice extra.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      You should download tableninja, it is very useful hotkey-program for pokerstars.
    • KirstyA1
      KirstyA1
      Bronze
      Thank you all very much for your help! ive Downloaded PS elephant and i cant get it to work but will read a few FAQ's and reinstall if it i need too. table ninja sounds good cause i use a laptop and no mouse :rolleyes: so that will help alot! ill also try out pokertracker as its free so ive got everything to gain if it helps

also im a yoyo profiter gaining from SSS but trying tournaments and S&G's yesterday to get into the 1/4 million didnt help. theres always next week, im currently on $58 but not many FPP's as yet. See you all at the tables and thanks again!
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KirstyA1
      Hi! im not too sure where to start. i passed the quiz and i have played a few MTT, SnG and cash games. mainly because im not sure where my strengths are yet and but im not really getting any FPP's and im just about breaking even.

i was wondering about the pokerstrategy elephant and i think there are other tools but im not using any of them. would they help my play and which ones are the best to use? are they 100% safe and legal or am i gonna be banned if i use them?

Also how do you get FPP's quicker? sounds silly i know but im just impatient and there has to be a quicker way than what im doing ?(
      Any help id be really grateful. :) Thanks
      I have a tip! If you press: up up down down left right left right b a select start then you will get an extra $100 starting bonus.

Nav