$12.01
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO:
      $6.13
      BU (Hero):
      $10.34

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, 9.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, CO calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.05) J, 7, A (2 players)
      CO bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.60, CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.25) Q (2 players)
      CO bets $2.20, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.25.
  • 3 replies
    • ciasteczkoM
      ciasteczkoM
      Bronze
      Hello,

PF
      I dont think it is standart but i play the same isolation rise with hand like this. However it is not ev+ if you have loose image on table and opponents dont give you to much credit for a hand i think.

Flop ,T ,R
      You got two ways of playing this hand

One is simply calling down if your opponent is agrofishy to catch bluffs with your middle pair on such dry board. I play that sometimes even with AK-AQ against donks from tags- it is way ahead way behind plan.

Second way is like you have played it
      it is bluff plan you got some SD value against bluffs so it is not always a good plan but somtimes it is ok but I think you dont need to rise this donk so high.
      1,1-1,3$ is enough and result is the same , if you got called you are 100% times behind against standard opponent.And if you are not behind it doesnt matter if you rise 1,2 or 1,6 $ you will not get called. So 30-50c is wasted in my opinion.

Turn is another sign of aggression from CO and you dont have any justification to continue, you have showed strength on PF and Flop and your opponent doesnt care it is most of the times sign of hand that will beat even top pair top kicker and more than enough for yours.

Hope it helps
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i would think its well played, except like mentioned, the reraise could have been smaller. judging by his limping, we can guess his range and he probaby might have hit 2 pairs, a set, or completed a gut shot draw/2 pair on the turn.
      to further narrow his range, we need to look at his stats. how you could have played other wise is if you have stats as well.

ultimately, with/without stats, with our holecards and his flop & turn play, it is a good enough sign for us to lay down the middle pair.
      a limp cold call, + fishy bet on flop, calling down a strong reraise OOP, and betting on the turn OOP is a good indicator that you are beat.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by supeyrio
      i would think its well played, except like mentioned, the reraise could have been smaller. judging by his limping, we can guess his range and he probaby might have hit 2 pairs, a set, or completed a gut shot draw/2 pair on the turn.
      to further narrow his range, we need to look at his stats. how you could have played other wise is if you have stats as well.

ultimately, with/without stats, with our holecards and his flop & turn play, it is a good enough sign for us to lay down the middle pair.
      a limp cold call, + fishy bet on flop, calling down a strong reraise OOP, and betting on the turn OOP is a good indicator that you are beat.
      This.