MP1: $8.94
      MP2: $4.40
      MP3: $4.88
      CO: $5
      Button: $5

Dealt to BB 9:club: T:club:

Pre-flop:
      (1 folds), MP1 calls $.05, (5 folds), BB checks

Flop: ($.12) 7:club: 8:diamond: T:heart: (3 Players)
      BB bets $.10, MP1 calls $.10

Turn: ($.32) K:club: (3 Players)
      BB bets $.20, MP1 raises to $.92, BB??
  • 4 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Intresting hand,
      I play whit cake poker, so i dont know about stats, but for me its seems like Weak Tighth player? Not sure.
      But is its correct, then K7+ is possible, they raise usually whit 2pairs +.
      Dont belive here flush draw, if he have flush draw, then he call, not raise.
      So you have 9 flush outs + 6 straight outs + 2 outs for set = 17outs to beat 2 pair (if he have set or KT, then 15outs, but i dont belive,).
      17out for turn to river is approx. 34%.
      You must call 0.72, what is exacly 50% of current pot. Pot odds say: NO!
      You can call here 0.58 if we look only pot odds. But implied odds is pretty good, for sure if you hit, you can get more money in.
      I think call is ok here, and if you dont hit - check-fold in river.
      IMO, waiting for better player device.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      You don't really have a lot of hands for him, so the stat's cant really be trusted.

For starters I believe that it's almost always profitable to raise a SB completion from BB when doing blind battles for two reasons:

1) you're in position
      2) completing the SB is pretty much the weakest play in poker :P

I often do it with ATC :f_p:

About the way it actually went - flop bet is good, turn bet is good too. He is raising you rather big, but I'm pretty sure he has Kx, at the very best as Adapter said he has 2 pair. Occasionally he might have a set that he's been slowplaying and is scared of the 2nd club, but that's extremely rare so you can pretty much count it out.

You do have a TON of outs, and he doesn't seem like the kind of player that gives up his TP easily, so I'm pretty sure you'll get the money in easily if you complete your flush or your straight. Implied pot odds are almsot always with us on the micro limits :f_biggrin:
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Thanks for your opinions :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by BattleHunter
      For starters I believe that it's almost always profitable to raise a SB completion from BB when doing blind battles for two reasons:

1) you're in position
      2) completing the SB is pretty much the weakest play in poker :P

I often do it with ATC :f_p:

It's a limp from MP2 not SB, and it's not an error from the converter since hero is out of position postflop.

I like you leading on the flop and on the turn.

Originally posted by Adapter1337
      But is its correct, then K7+ is possible, they raise usually whit 2pairs +.
      Dont belive here flush draw, if he have flush draw, then he call, not raise.
      So you have 9 flush outs + 6 straight outs + 2 outs for set = 17outs to beat 2 pair (if he have set or KT, then 15outs, but i dont belive,).
      17out for turn to river is approx. 34%. You must call 0.72, what is exacly 50% of current pot. Pot odds say: NO!
      You can call here 0.58 if we look only pot odds. But implied odds is pretty good, for sure if you hit, you can get more money in.
      I think call is ok here, and if you dont hit - check-fold in river.
      IMO, waiting for better player device.
      I agree overall about villain's range since it's super hard for him to a combo hand (A8cc maybe).

However, if you have to call 50% of the pot, that means need to call 50% into a 100% pot, which translate to 2:1 pot odds. Logical, considering villain made a potsize raise. That means you need 33% equity, not 50%, so even without implied odds it's still a call. Be sure to get this part of the maths straight, or you'll play way too tight in many spots if you overestimate the equity you need.

Hope it helps.