[NL20-NL50] AQs, flopped nuts

• MathhNes
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BB raises to $7.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($14) J, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

Turn: ($29) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($29) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $39.25

Villain plays 33/10/4/659 Vpip/pfr/3bet/hands. His 3bet vs steal is also 4-5%. Fold to 4bet 0/1.

In the hand i decided to flat preflop because i thought his range was somewhat tight and he would get it in with JJ+ AK+ so i thought this was a bad spot to 4bet. I did thought i could hit enough flops despite having to play out of position. When i flop the nuts i wanted to make my perceived range look like some kind of a weak hand or a draw because if he was on a draw he wouldnt have the nut draw so im not sure he would bet/call that flop with TcTh or AcKh. However he would call with offsuit JJ,QQ,KK,AA but since i have two blockers and the pure nuts i decided to slowplay. As he checks back on the turn i put him on a weak pair or air with flush draws included. When the river blanks i thought my perceived range looked much like a busted flush draw and weak pairs with a hearth or something. So i decided to overshove the river since it polarises my range and he might just look me up with 88 if he is thinking about it.

Does flatting pre makes sense? Is it better to fold or 4bet/call? What to do on the flop when he bets? River bet size?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      being oop I think 4-bet/call is a little better option than calling oop. but since it is suited and you can play your draws aggressively oop then I think call is also ok.
      flop: I like c/r small, since that would give him chance to shove any flushdraw that he has or every overpair.
      If he has smt like AK/AJ, without any heart he would check bvack turn and fold river if he doesn´t improve or if he holds there oevrpair then he can also go for pot control.
      River: betting 1/3 pot seems better than overshove, since hands that he would play for stacks would b/c turn anyway and this way he would just folds everything