[NL2-NL10] hand analysis

• tomazinas
      tomazinas
      Bronze
      Hello,

is this correct place to post a hand for analysis? I'm new here, so correct me if I'm wrong. I guess I shouldn't have called. Anyway, this post is just a test for hand analysis :) Thanks for comments

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $3.02
      BU:
      $1.98
      SB (Hero):
      $2.59
      BB:
      $1.40
      UTG2:
      $0.75
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.06
      MP3:
      $0.80

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 3.
      6 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.04) T, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, BB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.2) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($0.2) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $0.96.

Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, fives(Ks 5c).
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and fives(7c 3d).

BB wins with three of a kind, fives(Ks 5c).
  • 4 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Moved by TheBu11d0g
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Don't complete a completely worthless hand ^^

As played you might want to raise villain preflop and if he calls continue with a cbet and give up the hand to any aggression (eg. turn it in a complete bluff).

The way you played it, you got bottom pair. You might try bet/fold on the flop ; The ONLY thing you beat with those 3s is a pure bluff. Even a flush drow is bound to have 2 overcards giving him a 51 to 49 advantage :O

Absolutely no reason to continue on the flop after you get raised.
      The turn as is you might have wanted to bet, especially if you're counting on him being on a flush drow, your 2 pair is strong enough for a protection bet here, I'd make it between 2/3 pot and pot bet.

River blocking bet is OK, especially if you had the initiative from the turn, but as he did, you'd be best off letting him "bluff" this blank. I'm calling on the 5 anyway, but I guess his bet would've been smaller.

Your 2 pair is strong enough on this river as villain could easily have a busted flush // gutshot or might think that top pair is good enough.

Anyway, just don't play 73o out of position (or even in position as a matter of fact) :P
    • tomazinas
      tomazinas
      Bronze
      thanks... sometimes it's so tempting to see the flop cheaply.. and when you get involved.. ^#^$% happens :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fold preflop this hand is garbage, you don't want to stack the odds against yourself. A horrible starting hand and the worst possible position, it's a deadly combo. If BB is a nit and folds his BB all the time just raise it up as a pure steal.

As played on the flop i don't mind donk/calling, it's hard for BB to have something on that board too, the minraise can be a bluff quite often.

As played on the turn when i make two pairs i'll usually lead out, you shouldn't count on other players to do the betting for you without reads at microstakes, when you have a hand that is likely to be best just bet it unless you have a good reason not to.

As played on the river because he checked back the turn i don't think he has Tx or better so i'm not really worried about the 3's getting counterfeited, that being said it's hard to get called by a worse hand since he'll mostly have 5x, pure air or busted diamonds. I prefer a check/call. And as played when you donk out and he raises, just fold.

Hope it helps.