[NL2-NL10] KK versus 3 crazy people(maybe just 2)

• mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2,21
      UTG:
      $5,00
      Hero:
      $2,06
      UTG2:
      $0,79

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG raises to $0,07, Hero raises to $0,17, UTG2 calls $0,17, 4 folds, BB calls $0,15, UTG raises to $0,86, Hero calls $0,69, UTG2 raises to $0,79 (All-In), BB calls $0,69.

Flop: ($3,38) 9:diamond: , A:club: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $1,35 (All-In), 2 folds.

Turn: ($4,73) 3:heart:
      River: ($4,73) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,73
      Man i hate to fold the cowboys but with the predlop action and with that flop do i have a choice?
      Shove it pre?2 are fishy but the other is a regular and very tight?
      What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      My best advice would be to always shove KK preflop (given the opportunity that is) no matter what and when you loose? nh, move along.

Might be just me not being good enough yet, but come on, villains on this limit are happy to go broke with things like AJ+, KQ, and all sorts of TT+ pocket pairs without even thinking!
      As it has already been said on some pokerstrategy coachings, going broke with AK preflop is +EV up to the lower mid-ish limits just because of that, so no reason to question the might of the 2nd strongest hand in holdem :)

Just get some ranges going and try it out yourself in the Equilator:
      I gave it a try with fish range of (TT+, AJ+, KQ) and tight regular range (QQ+ AK). Adding the 3rd villain is pointless. If he's holding an ace (the only "really" scary card for you) he's actually blocking the outs of other aces coming ^^ Sure your equity will drop adding a 4th person to the equasion, but the profit would get higher and believe me, you'd be in an even better spot.

Anyway, here are the numbers
      Fish eq - 19.60%
      TAG eq - 33.74%
      KK equity - 46.65%

I'd shove KK against tight regulars any day!
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      you are right your analysis is good from the theory point of view,but i feel that somethimes playing the robot is not good enough even at the micros so i try to have some reads on my opponents and just go with my gut
      So let me rephrase my question...can i shove on that flop?( considering the preflop action?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

No-brainer shove preflop, why would you want to see a flop before putting the rest of the money in when you're already committed to the pot regardless of the board? Unless UTG was completely full of shit you apparently managed to not stack his QQ (maybe he had KK too tho) in that spot, which is really bad for your game.

What to do in the flop as played it's an academic question really, in practice it's pretty much useless since you're not supposed to get into that spot to begin with. Folding is likely fine since both of they could have an A, without UTG behind us I'd call getting 2:1 just in case BB is nonsensically jamming non Ax hands there.

Hope it helps.