Stack
      UTG2:
      $2,00
      MP3:
      $1,13
      Hero:
      $1,87

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,12, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,29) 8:club: , A:heart: , A:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,29, Hero raises to $1,75 (All-In), MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $2,33

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Qd Qs)

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and queens (Qd Qs)
  • 4 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Try to post some information &/or questions, just posting the hand is OK I guess but it won't help as much as if you did at least one of the mentioned things..

As far as the hand goes, no matter what your goal is, going broke like that cannot be justified in any way : O

He donkbets you with a pot sized bet, showing some strength. Now he could have a weak A that he didn't want to raise preflop, but he can very well have 8x or some random pocket pair.

Either way, a standard raise to 0.9 would be more than enough to achieve what you want. Considering you are confident he doesn't have an ace (hence your push) your raise would set it up for a far easier shove on the turn, where only the K would be somewhat of a scary card.

What you did pushed away all potential hands you dominate that might have called you (mainly 8x, all lower pocket pairs and maybe even 99/TT), so right now only thing that's going to pay you is Ax that has you dominated, KK (highly unlikely) and if you're lucky maybe some other overpairs, but that's also quite unlikely.

Don't really know what else you would want to hear; my lines would be either rise/fold or rise/push, depending on the timing and my previous reads.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      well it seems his stats didn't appear, he was pretty aggresive donking every pot he entered so i didn't give him much credit for anything (88),the thing that scared me was Ax,so i was saying there i have a better A call me if you dare :f_biggrin:
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      That's the problem, no villain would believe you have the 4th ace if they got one. Even A2 is shoving here, at least on the micro stakes (no idea about higher :P )
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by mata123
      well it seems his stats didn't appear, he was pretty aggresive donking every pot he entered
      So let me see if i get this straight. You have a read saying he's full of shit in that spot most of the time, so you decide to shove to make him fold his air hands? You got it all backwards in my opinion. Just call to give him another chance to bluff off his stack and call it off on any turn, he'll just have a potsized bet left.

Hope it helps.