I can't seem to finsh off Heads up sit and gos

• virtuajulian
      virtuajulian
      Bronze
      I just can't seem to finsh off Heads up sit and gos. I start off well and get a 1 to2 chip lead, say 2000 to 1000 than I try to push all in which goes bad than the blides go up and before I know I bloody lose can some help me please
  • 6 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      get better at poker then.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi virtuajulian,

I suggest you use the ICM Trainer (available from PokerStrategy's download section) to get an idea of how to play the late stages of a SnG when the blinds are big.

Don't get discouraged, HU play can become quite a different game and it will just takes some practice before you find your style.
    • Mergy
      Mergy
      Bronze
      When you hit HU it all on 2 things position & aggression ... agressive hands OOP are trouble... weak hands in position ditto but by the unless you playing a HU table to begin with you should have an idea on villians range, so don`t think what you raise with think what they likely too ?

gl on the felt
    • MJDNCH
      MJDNCH
      Bronze
      Does HU means that you go 1 on 1 on the poker table since the start of the game or does it means it is left with 2 person after the 9/10-man SnG or MTT game?

If it's those 1on1, aggresion and your opponent style will affect our game play as well. But luck and variance comes more into the game than playing against 9man.
    • Mergy
      Mergy
      Bronze
      HU is regardless of whether you sat 1 v 1 or with 3000+ at the start of a MTT . its whenever there is only the 2 players left ... ofc when you played through the final table you got more reads on the villian as they would have been on the final table with you... then it does involve a certain ammount of luck ... simply due to the fact only 4/52 are dealt pre..so it comes down to what range you can put them on & in HU it is wider than you may think.

hope it helps

gl on the felt
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Firstly, play on a tracked account so you get points and open up strategy acticles for yourself, it's the best way for you to improve.

Secondly, be happy if you're getting to heads up at the beginning, and when you get enough points to go silver read SAGE: sit and go endgame article

Good luck in the meantime