This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ NL10 v super fish

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Gold
      This guy could not fold a hand pre-flop, was calling down all sorts of rubbish. Several times he had raised flop, turn, river or all three streets with bottom and middle pair, or just two random cards!

So, I feel I'm only worried about a king, but I want to get value from all his middle and bottom pair hands. I ruled out a Kx hand when he donked the flop, as he had previously slowplayed these "monster" hands. Turn looked safe, I called to feign weekness knowing he would bet big on river with his bottom or middle pair.

Nice card on the river, or so I think, and the rest is history.

Is my play here against this guy generally ok?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $12.96
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 4:club: , 7:heart: , K:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 calls $0.95.

Turn: ($4.15) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30.

River: ($6.75) 2:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $6.42, Hero raises to $6.70 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $20.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jd)
      MP2 shows two pairs, fours and deuces (2d 4s)

MP2 wins with two pairs, fours and deuces (2d 4s)
  • 2 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Based on your reads you did pretty much anything you can.

Especially since you can rule out him having a K in this spot, the board is completely draw free (some strange OESD was possible but turn wiped it away), so you're ahead of him almost always.

Only thing I MIGHT have done different is raise that turn, but again with the strong reads you had you got all the money in with the cards you wanted, I see nothing wrong ^^

In your place I'd be like: nice hand, looking forward to my next hands against you, welcome to my buddy list :s_love:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine, NH. River is a tad scary since his betting pattern changed, but he could still be randomly bluffing so whatever.

Make a note on the hand since it shows blatant bet sizing tells, you'll crush him in the future.

Hope it helps.