This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQo NL10 - 999 on flop, turn FH

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Gold
      Should I be 3 betting pre? He had an attempt to steal of 36%, and hes not the tightest.

Hows my C-bet size? Could be behind to small pocket pairs, low chance he has a 9, I think my hand is ahead most of the time.

Full house on turn, when he calls I think I am perhaps splitting now, but I still think small pocket pair.

I put him all in on the river, considered checking for free showdown, but thought I'd bet as I'd call his shove anyway. Maybe check/call is better to extract value from pocket pairs I beat?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.91
      CO:
      $11.83

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:spade:
      CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.30) 9:diamond: , 9:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.70) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00.

River: ($14.70) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, CO calls $4.53 (All-In).

Final Pot: $24.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of queens (Ac Qs)
      CO shows four of a kind, nines (9c 8c)

CO wins with four of a kind, nines (9c 8c)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd bet about $2.1 on the flop, i don't think it changes is calling range in any way but it sets up closer to a potsize bet on the turn, which will come in handy when we decide to jam it for whatever reason.

As played it depends how i think he views that "scarecard" turn, since i think he should mostly have some pocket pair at that point. If i think he's capable of putting me on air and making a turn call I'd just shove for about pot, it looks bluffier to 26/21 in my opinion. Otherwise i don't mind going with a bet/check/bet line in that spot, since i doubt a pocket pair is calling a committing turn bet, but it might call a river bet.

I'm also shoving the river, neither of us can fold at that point but he can check behind with worse, which is bad.

Hope it helps.