[NL2-NL10] AQo NL10 - 999 on flop, turn FH

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Should I be 3 betting pre? He had an attempt to steal of 36%, and hes not the tightest.

Hows my C-bet size? Could be behind to small pocket pairs, low chance he has a 9, I think my hand is ahead most of the time.

Full house on turn, when he calls I think I am perhaps splitting now, but I still think small pocket pair.

I put him all in on the river, considered checking for free showdown, but thought I'd bet as I'd call his shove anyway. Maybe check/call is better to extract value from pocket pairs I beat?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.91
      CO:
      $11.83

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:spade:
      CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.30) 9:diamond: , 9:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.70) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00.

River: ($14.70) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, CO calls $4.53 (All-In).

Final Pot: $24.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of queens (Ac Qs)
      CO shows four of a kind, nines (9c 8c)

CO wins with four of a kind, nines (9c 8c)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd bet about $2.1 on the flop, i don't think it changes is calling range in any way but it sets up closer to a potsize bet on the turn, which will come in handy when we decide to jam it for whatever reason.

As played it depends how i think he views that "scarecard" turn, since i think he should mostly have some pocket pair at that point. If i think he's capable of putting me on air and making a turn call I'd just shove for about pot, it looks bluffier to 26/21 in my opinion. Otherwise i don't mind going with a bet/check/bet line in that spot, since i doubt a pocket pair is calling a committing turn bet, but it might call a river bet.

I'm also shoving the river, neither of us can fold at that point but he can check behind with worse, which is bad.

Hope it helps.