[NL2-NL10] AT Nl10

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Against the supper fish once again, tilting a little hence pre-flop call.

I know I should be raising in these spots, but I was tilting a little as I had raise the villain a few times only for me to miss the board, or overcards land against my pocket pair. And this guy was not for bluffing, he would call down any pair or draw. So this time I limp in position, not too worried about blinds as they are both real tight, and any action from them means I get out the way.

So flop and turn I raise for value.
      River again I raise for value. When he min raises, I think he may have just hit the flush, but I have seen him do the same as a bluff or for "value" with a single pair.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $21.42
      Hero:
      $10.65

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , A:club:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) A:heart: , K:spade: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, CO calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.35) T:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

River: ($3.35) 3:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.00, CO raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $11.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens (Td Ac)
      CO shows a straight, five high (4d 2c)

CO wins with a straight, five high (4d 2c)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It doesn't matter that you lost a few pots to him already, if anything it makes him more likely to call you down even lighter when you do it because he's seen you bluff a lot before. Not raising AT over a CO limping 92/1 calling station is almost criminal for so many reasons, you need to do it.

As played turn is fine, tho i wouldn't mind making it even bigger since he's never folding Ax. For the same reason as played i'm also betting closer to pot on the river.

As played when he minraises the river i'm a bit worried, but considering you've seen him merge his ranges by doing that before and you beat some of the hands he's doing that for value with, you likely can't fold to a minraise.

Hope it helps.