[NL2-NL10] 78s NL10

• Renmerb
      Should I call the 3 bet from tight player? Felt I had implied odds here.

When he checks flop, I think AK or AQ he don't want to C-bet. So I bet with my bottom pair +OESD. When he raises should I just fold here?

I gave myself 10 outs, 4x6, 4xJ and 2x7. I think I have to put him on a hand, likely JJ+. Maybe he has a set with 99 or 1010, but I don't think he is 3-betting pre-flop with these hands. According to equilator, even against a range of 99+ I have like 37% on flop.

Decided to shove rather than leave $2.68 behind, but should I be making this move?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:club: , 7:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.25) T:spade: , 7:diamond: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $8.68 (All-In), BB calls $2.68.

Turn: ($20.61) T:club:
      River: ($20.61) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and nines (8c 7c)
      BB shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Jh Jc)

BB wins with two pairs, jacks and tens (Jh Jc)
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      The call preflop is pretty bad actually. I don't think you have enough implied odds 100bb's deep, and a player this tight isn't going to be 3bet bluffing with 22-66 or something.

As played, I either check/back flop, or fold to his c/r. Bottom pair + open ender isn't going to be called too often by ANY worse.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree. Fold preflop you can't profitably call, and as played on the flop checking it back is probably the safest way to go.

If you bet you have to call it off for 100bb with a pair + OESD. A 13/12/4 most likely doesn't even 3-bet 99-77, maybe not even TT. Most likely he has an overpair and maybe a random spazz once in a while, let's give him { TT+, AKs } to account for a bit of all that. We have 45% equity on that flop against that range and with all the dead money we're asked to call ~$6.7 into a pot of roughly twice that so we need 33% equity, which means we're priced in.

Hope it helps.