When to add more chips?

• 12 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      The strategy is actually optimized for 15BB.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Actually ~17bb is considered the optimal stack size by most. Once you incorperate Sklanski Chubukov pushes into your game, you can play all the way down to 0bb really.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by xponentx
      Actually ~17bb is considered the optimal stack size by most. Once you incorperate Sklanski Chubukov pushes into your game, you can play all the way down to 0bb really.
      Do you use the sklansky/chubukov pushes? if yes, on what limits, and how much variance does it generate?
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by knb22
      Do you use the sklansky/chubukov pushes? if yes, on what limits, and how much variance does it generate?
      Yes I use them on all limits, but most recently on NL50 and NL100. Basically they are a great earner, they allow you to open up your stealing range dramatically, and i'd say you get aa fold 9/10 times. The 1 time you do get called, it's often by someone with Ax or a PP, and you are usually way ahead/way behind. I haven't done any indepth analysis on it, but i'm positive it has increased my winrate without increasing variance too much.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by knb22
      Yes I use them on all limits, but most recently on NL50 and NL100. Basically they are a great earner, they allow you to open up your stealing range dramatically, and i'd say you get aa fold 9/10 times. The 1 time you do get called, it's often by someone with Ax or a PP, and you are usually way ahead/way behind. I haven't done any indepth analysis on it, but i'm positive it has increased my winrate without increasing variance too much.
      Ok, I play NL100 and still haven't taken use of these moves, because i read that the coaches (at least Gerv, not sure about xarry) said that they wouldn't recommend using it, because of the variance. I haven't spotted the these moves in any of the SSS-videos either.

Also, the article about S/C pushes has been removed.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Hmm, interesting that the article has been removed, as I feel it's a very useful tool to have in your arsenal, but as I said, I haven't done any significant investigation into how much it earns me, maybe I should have a look and see. I'd say if the coaches think it's an issue of variance, then that's why it was removed, since SSS is swingy enough anyway, but if you can handle normal SSS variance, then I doubt this adds much to it. In general I tend to trust Sklansky to tell me what is +EV.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Had a bit of a look at my stats in the SB, and my bb/100 for S-C pushes is 50 in the SB, 100 on the BU and 250 in the CO. So definately profitable.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      After looking through all articles, i found the s/c-chapter in the article about steals and resteals here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/1740/2/

Anyway, if the pushes are as profitable as you say, I will definitely adapt those into my game
    • pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      Had a bit of a look at my stats in the SB, and my bb/100 for S-C pushes is 50 in the SB, 100 on the BU and 250 in the CO. So definately profitable.

in how many hands? you add to that filter the hands that you are called? you add your premiums hands also?

to see how profitable it is, you should choose the hands that are not premium... (AT-,KQ-,88-)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yeah I filtered by all the S-C pushable hands (not premiums), in the SB, BU and CO, and filtered all the hands where I went all in preflop (I wouldn't go all in with any of those hands in any other situation other than an S-C push aside from the odd occasion i'm light 3betting a major donk.

I'll admit the numbers look huge, I wasn't expecting them to be that big, but I can't see fault in my filtering either, though i'm not saying i'm definately correct.

The sample size for these hands is ~3k, although my overall hands in these positions is ~200k.
    • pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      it a good number of hands to analyse you move, i think it is really impresive

I would love to some coach give his opinion about it....

Can you add me to skype? i will like to ask u some thing about how u use SC if it doesn`t bother u
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      i have on pokerstars auto rebuy to 20 bb if i fall under 15 bb :P