QQ twice and KK once, Cold decks all over the place

• Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      Unbeliveable :P

After having some good SNGs, i started another session.
      In one SNG, i raised queens against 1 limper, he reraised all in and i called just to see his kings hold and lost the SNG

Later on, i held queens at another table, got my raise called and held overpair on a 10 high flop. i raised, got shoved and had to call with overpair after showing aggression and getting these pot odds. I lost against AA

Later on, i 3bet someone with KK from middle position. A guy behind me called, and the original raiser raised all in. i called, and so did the other.
      The original raiser had aces, i had kings, and the guy after me had some junk hand i can't remmember (something like KQo).

The tens i open shoved on another game with 10 BB and got called by KK is nothing worth mentioning compared to the other hands i just talked about :D

I think that the good thing is that i understand that this happens, and that my game is good and it will compensate for this 3.60$ (well, 4.80$ if you count the tens) that went on these cold decks.

It sucks though because i had a good run of SNGs. over the past days i've made only profit, and not from good luck or anything, just normal play normal decisions. and now i lost a work of 2-3 days in like 20 minutes which is very dissapointing.

Have you guys ever encountered that?!
  • 8 replies
    • Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      OK, now this is getting out of hand
      I've shoved QQ in the late stage against a raiser and a caller when i had just 5 BBs left.
      The raiser folded, and the caller called my shove and showed 99.

Guess what?
      The turn was a 9.

I bet no one in this forum can show me something worse.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      $1/$2 No Limit Holdem
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      SB Hero ($2,162)
      BB ritondu13 ($470.20)

Pre-Flop: ($3, 2 players) Hero is SB J:spade: K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $8, ritondu13 raises to $22, Hero calls $14

Flop: K:club: 3:club: 3:diamond: ($46, 2 players)
      ritondu13 bets $31, Hero calls $31

Turn: K:spade: ($108, 2 players)
      ritondu13 checks, Hero bets $106, ritondu13 goes all-in $417.20, Hero calls $311.20

River: A:spade: ($942.40, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $940.40
      ritondu13 shows FOUR_OF_A_KIND THREE
      3:heart: 3:spade:
      Hero shows FULL_HOUSE KING THREE
      J:spade: K:diamond:

ritondu13 wins $940.40 (net +$468.20)

Hero lost $471.20
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      today I raised with AKs, BB shoved so I called, and BB had Q2s. ye hee got his 3 of a kind QQQ.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      You can't expect to win every single AA, KK and QQ. In fact vs a random hand they will win 80% of the time which is huge but still 1/5 of the hands you're going to lose.

And in SNG people can go like 20 games out of the money. So quit whining.
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      last weekend i lost 5x AA, 3x KK ... and did not win 1 time with them... people called with 7 3, 88 and so on and kept on winning and i kept losing my mind..

this weekend i had a few nice wins with AA and KK, lost a headsup against a KQ with my AA... he flopped KQ.. unbelievable..

But i guess thats how poker is :) no mather how good you play it can all be over in a flip.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi Asaf92,

Sometimes it just happens, all your big hands run into even bigger hands. When it keeps happening over a period it really does suck. But don't start dreading premium hands, as they will win most of the time in the long run.

Hope your luck turns around soon!

Regards,
      Sarah
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaf92
      OK, now this is getting out of hand
      I've shoved QQ in the late stage against a raiser and a caller when i had just 5 BBs left.
      The raiser folded, and the caller called my shove and showed 99.

Guess what?
      The turn was a 9.

I bet no one in this forum can show me something worse.
      I'll take that bet. so if anyone can show you a hand worse than a pair hitting a set and beating qq, i win right? How much are we playing for? I'm willing to put my house, car and dog on it. But not my mother in law (i think i will win and would not do that to you). can see some serious +ev for me here
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hmmm....how about this: set over set, losing to one outter on the river. I had the set on the flop, villain hits lower set on the turn, we both go all in, the river gives him quads.
      You just had some bad luck to run into better hands. People get in with great hands, then lose. That is the worst.

Good luck!