Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8.86
      BU:
      $5.06

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , A:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.36, BU calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.74) 5:heart: , 7:spade: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.53, BU calls $0.53.

Turn: ($1.80) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.80) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and fives (Kh Ac)
      BU shows two pairs, eights and sevens (8d 8c)

BU wins with two pairs, eights and sevens (8d 8c)

same story :s_grin:
  • 2 replies
    • Falber
      Falber
      Bronze
      I prefer just call versus a nit preflop.

as played 3bet 3.5x oop

On this flop I don't think a pp fold vs a cbet and on his range is [99-QQ,AQ] so i check/fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Falber
      I prefer just call versus a nit preflop.

as played 3bet 3.5x oop

On this flop I don't think a pp fold vs a cbet and on his range is [99-QQ,AQ] so i check/fold.
      I'd still 3-bet it to pickup the dead money instead of starting to play AK out of position when we'll miss most flops, against a player who's unlikely to give us a ton of value even if we both hit something because he's rarely barreling at us and usually an adept of pot controlling the turn even with strong pairs as well. Plus if he calls the 3-bet, his postflop play will likely be very straightforward.

I agree on the size of the 3-bet especially at microstakes, just bomb it. Make it $0.42.

As played Q high flops usually are quite bad for AK against a tight range, especially since a K or an A on the turn will get you in a lot of troubles against KQs/AQ. I know successful players who still c-bet in that spot and are fine with it, but i usually just give it up unless i have reason to believe they'll fold at least 88-99, which rarely happens.

Hope it helps.