[NL2-NL10] Jj Nl10

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      I think the fold to 4bet is fine against this tight player, but is this the best line with this hand?

OOP I got to 3bet right? I should of bet a little more, but still fold to 4bet?

Would this apply to all pocket pairs (except AA & KK, maybe QQ) against this player?

I hate thinking he could be doing this with AK, and I'm folding the best hand.
      Was a little suspicious, as his 4bet size seems a little large.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $18.09
      Hero:
      $10.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, CO raises to $4.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.35
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi.

I would fold vs that player. But I think calling is better pre, unless CO is calling 3bets OOP and stuff. Your 3bet sizing is fine. Some villians 4bet large with the bottom of their range to give themselves better odds when you shove, but this isn't universal.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi.

I would fold vs that player. But I think calling is better pre, unless CO is calling 3bets OOP and stuff. Your 3bet sizing is fine. Some villians 4bet large with the bottom of their range to give themselves better odds when you shove, but this isn't universal.
      This, except i'm fine with 3-betting JJ by default if you don't know well how he reacts to 3-bets yet. And i would 3-bet him again until i can gauge his frequency for doing it, because if he's making it so big with bluffs sometimes it'll become very profitable to jam stuff like JJ there.

Hope it helps.